PDA

View Full Version : WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GET PREGNANT

nelly
09-07-2010, 05:03 AM
morning everyone just wondering what happens if you have a baby your self and youv,e allready got 3 mindees under five,do you have to give one of your mindees notice.:huh:

thanks

Pauline
09-07-2010, 06:27 AM
your tummy gets big and about 9 months later you get a baby! :laughing:

Seriously though, you can apply to Ofsted for a variation because the children you have will need continuity of care.

angeldelight
09-07-2010, 06:29 AM

Seriously though, you can apply to Ofsted for a variation because the children you have will need continuity of care.

:laughing: :laughing: :clapping:

Good luck with the minding and your pregnancy

Angel xxx

moogster1a
09-07-2010, 06:32 AM
I 'phoned yesterday to ask for a variation form as I'm due literally any minute ( 39 weeks, and parents on standby to come and collect before children get an unpleasant biology lesson!).
The chap at OFSTED said wait until the baby is born, then 'phone and I'll automatically get the variation without even filling in a form as apparently it's a different matter if you go over numbers after having your own baby.
I'll believe it when I see it though!

huggableshelly
09-07-2010, 06:33 AM

ooh did you was sex education last night????

huggableshelly
09-07-2010, 06:33 AM
morning everyone just wondering what happens if you have a baby your self and youv,e allready got 3 mindees under five,do you have to give one of your mindees notice.:huh:

thanks

yay congrats to you on your pregnancy, best of luck to you and your partner xxx

daisyboo1980
09-07-2010, 07:05 AM
what i did was to give notice to all parents ( had a tricky family that made my working life really hard ) i want to work less hours when i come back and it was easier to give notice x

Lyns123
09-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi

I'm in the same boat, i have 3 under 5's per day and i'm pregnant, i'm not due till xmas day though :rolleyes:

I spoke to local minders who had had their children while minding and they all said call once you have had the baby and you'll get variation, i'v had my LO's since they were all 1 and the will be 3 by the time the baby comes so i should hopefully have no problem:thumbsup:

Good luck xxxxx

sandy64
09-07-2010, 07:17 AM
hi is that a congratulations to you :clapping: you shouldnt have a problem getting a variation as its continuity of care you apply as normal so give enough time hope youre going to take time off and rest lol :)

kindredspirits
09-07-2010, 05:43 PM
i think you will only get a variation if you don't take loads and loads of mat. leave - if its a few weeks then its continuity of care but if its say 9 months then the kids will have got used to another place anyway.