PDA

View Full Version : BUSY BEES

son77
31-03-2008, 05:08 PM
My parent has started a new job today & has found out they use busy bee's.

She seems to think that It comes out of her wage & I do nothing.

I thought I had to reg with them & then its about redeeming vouchers, is this right?

Does she have to set up a direct debit to pay me instead of paying me a cheque every month? Also does the amount have to be the same every month?

I didnt think it did but she says she does & has worked out a monthly figure that takes into account hols etc & wants to pay me the same every month by DD. I didnt think it was that complicated!

Ive had a quick look on web site but doesnt go into enough detail for me!

Can someone explain please. xx

sarah707
31-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Here's the busy bees site :D

http://www.busybeesvouchers.com/

emma04
31-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi

I accept busy bee vouchers and it goes something like this:

Parent has the childcare cost taken from their wages, before tax. This is then sent to busy bees.

Parent registers with busy bees, giving them details of the recipient of the vouchers (ofsted registration number)

Childminder registers with Busy Bees and gives their account details and ofted reg no.

When parents workplace send the payment, Busy Bees either:

Send it directly to the carers voucher account for the carer to redeem

Or if the parent has set up on the e-vouchers scheme then the payment is redeemed by the carers account automatically, without the carer or parent having to do anything (up to 4 days clearance from when parent gets paid though)

Hope this helps a bit, but this month will be the first time i've been paid this way, so am a bit rusty myself.

Any doubts call Busy Bees they are quite helpful:)

charleyfarley
31-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I've got a future parent wanting to use these in September and when I phoned up for the registration pack they were very helpful.

Perhaps if you phoned them up and asked any questions you may have you would have the answers first hand and not from the parent.

My parent didn't actually know anything about them, just that her workplace did them

Good luck

Carol xx

angeldelight
31-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Well like you say the website does not really explain

I get paid by these and yes you are correct in everything you have said and how Emma explained

That is a good idea Carol to call them for a pack

Angel xx

son77
31-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks girls, I'll ring them up tomorrow.

sarah707
31-03-2008, 06:04 PM
The website says they have a problem with their phone lines... best check tomorrow before you ring :D

Trouble
31-03-2008, 06:42 PM
and their vouchers are running late i usually get mine last week and have minutes ago just been given one as they are late.

i have to say they are normally quite good as long as their not a mojor holiday in the month

son77
31-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Another question........

Do busy bees pay you the same amount every month & parent make up the difference?

Twinkles
31-03-2008, 07:42 PM
I use the Busy Bees scheme too. The parents only get a certain amount that they can use each month and make up the difference themselves to you in cash/cheque.

Rubybubbles
31-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I have a parent use the busy bees

It's set up for the full amount to go straight into my back each month and she pays me the difference.

Rascal my payment not gone in yet hubby is like where is it then, I told him it was probaly due to the bank holidays, you have confirmed my :idea: :thumbsup:

Tily Bud
31-03-2008, 10:00 PM
and their vouchers are running late i usually get mine last week and have minutes ago just been given one as they are late.

i have to say they are normally quite good as long as their not a mojor holiday in the month

Me too , I was due to get mine around the 15th but it has only just gone in my account today :angry: not too good when you have bills to pay xx

Monkey1
01-04-2008, 05:48 AM
I have just filled in the forms for busy bees. Need to get that sent off really asap!

miffy
01-04-2008, 05:58 AM
I've just registered with busy bees and am not having much luck so far.

I didn't realise that payment should be automatic each month. I have only had one payment so far and it took weeks to get that up and running. I have never had anything from busy bees except an email saying payment had been made but it wasn't in my bank account until a few days later.

Parents should have paid me yesterday but no surprise no payment. Mum said dad was having problems authorising payment and would have to phone them so I'm waiting to see what she says today.

I also use accor and there are no probs with them

miffy xx

angeldelight
01-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Yeah Miffy I had to wait a few weeks for it to be up and running

Good point - make sure you know you will not get that first payment immediately

Angel xx

son77
01-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Oh I was hoping i'd get paid at the beginning of every month as I have DD going out. Thats a bummer.

Oh well, will have to wait & see (& phone them to reg I suppose).

Gherkin
02-04-2008, 09:32 AM
I have had a parent use the BB scheme with me. After the initial registration that was a hassle for her and for me (BB kept losing paperwork so it took a lot of chasing to sort it out) I would just invoice her and she would authorise the amount to send to my bank account.

The date you get the money depends on the date that the parent authorises it. I would say you need to allow 5 working days from authorisation before it appears in your account.

It does work but you need to give the parent a date to organise payment by. I would probably say 7-8 working days before you need to have the cash so that your covered incase of any delay.