PDA

View Full Version : working with co-childminder

juejue
08-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi everyone.

This may of been asked before, so sorry if it has .......

But dose anyone else work with another childminder in your home

IF SO ......can you please share how you work together.

I work from my home n feel like i do all the work.
We have our own children......but how do you work it all out between you.

Thanks for sharing......if you do.

x x

sarah707
08-07-2010, 08:06 PM
It shouldn't matter whose home you work from.

If 2 of you are working together then you should be sharing the jobs.

If one of you is cooking, then the other should be in charge of activities... and the next day you swap round.

If one of you is doing Learning Journey writing up then the other should be playing with the children... and again swap round.

It makes sense if one of you has a particular strength to work with that but only if the other is busy as well.

If you are feeling put upon and it's not working for you then the 2 of you need to sit down with a list of all the jobs and go through who is doing / wants to do / can do what.

Then you need to divvy up the ones nobody wants like cleaning the loo or emptying the dishwasher between you, so you do it one day and your partner the next.

This kind of thing can breed resentment and without communication your partnership might break down so I'd suggest a chat sooner rather than later.

Hth :D

clio0602
11-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi I am just considering this but how do you work out the money side of things also? If its using your house surely you wouldn't split 50/50 Can't find many co childminders only those with assistants :(

Cammie Doodle
11-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Carolyn and I work together, sometimes from my home sometimes from her's, she gets paid by her Parents I get paid from mine. She deals with her bills I deal with mine, the money never comes into it. We share ideas resources and the work load. Will you only work at your home or will you swop homes?

karensmart4
11-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone.

This may of been asked before, so sorry if it has .......

But dose anyone else work with another childminder in your home

IF SO ......can you please share how you work together.

I work from my home n feel like i do all the work.
We have our own children......but how do you work it all out between you.

Thanks for sharing......if you do.

x x

I work with another cm in my home, we work well together but I must admit she sometimes needs a bit of a push.
I think that because its my home she doesn't want to tread on my feet, so to speak!
We have adhoc meetings during quiet times when we make plans for the following week/month, and we jot down any ideas we have or would like to do.
I do all of the purchasing but we both put a certain amount of money in the safe each week.
We both have our areas that we are good at, I'm more into arty stuff, she's into sporty stuff, I sing (badly) she doesn't even attempt too :laughing: She does dressing up (different cultures/celebrations), I do cooking.
She cleans up after messy play (says she enjoys it), I clean up poo she deals with sick :thumbsup:
A couple of other cm's tried to work together in our area and it didn't work out, they decided to go their seperate ways as both their homes were registered this wasn't a problem.
Hope you get things sorted soon, it sounds like you need to have a good chat and you need to tell her that you need more help in certain areas.

karensmart4
11-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi I am just considering this but how do you work out the money side of things also? If its using your house surely you wouldn't split 50/50 Can't find many co childminders only those with assistants :(

We do a 40/60 ratio, we are both reg in our own rite but work from my home.

We are both self employed and do our own accounts.

We both put a certain amount of money into the kitty to replenish resources.

We also have an assistant who steps in to cover sickness and holiday cover, she is also self employed and gets 40% during the hours that she is here. That means that when she works with the co cm they both get 40% and 20% goes to me to cover using my home and its expences.

It works well for us, hope its helped :laughing: