PDA

View Full Version : bit confused re: ncma

mrs robbie williams
08-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi im finally registered and up and running as a childminder :clapping:
I have taken my insurance with MM and have written my own contracts, policies etc. Do I still need to send my certificate to ncma even though i wont be using their paperwork? thanks in advance

Pipsqueak
08-07-2010, 04:57 PM
you don't need to send your certificate to anyone hun? what makes you think that you need to send it to NCMA?

If you have chosen MM as your insurers, you have your first aid and your OFsted certificate - you are up and running.

aly
08-07-2010, 04:57 PM
i was also going to ask why you need to send it to ncma.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-07-2010, 05:12 PM
If you are not with ncma then you don't need to send them anything

You will want to register with the milk board though and they need a copy of your certificate to prove your registration details

Blue Boy
09-07-2010, 08:27 PM
As others have said you dont need to send anything anywhere.

Stillgoingstrong
09-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi im finally registered and up and running as a childminder :clapping:
I have taken my insurance with MM and have written my own contracts, policies etc. Do I still need to send my certificate to ncma even though i wont be using their paperwork? thanks in advance

If you want to apply for the start up grant you have to send a copy of your reg cert to the NCMA and apply within a month of the date on it - thats in my area anyway, presume its the same everywhere. Phone the NCMA and ask them about the start up grant if you havent already - you dont have to be a member to get it, they give you membership free for a year if you qualify. As I said dont know if its in all areas so give them a ring :D