PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Eating Activities/Week

celdemorg
08-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Good Morning all

Was wondering if and when you've had a Healthy Eating Week, is there any activities you can incorporate and get the the children involved.

Just I've got one little mindee and he won't eat anything I provide, the only time he eats anything is if we have a treat (I'm mean, which is not often) ie: chips and homemade chicken gougons. But mum says he only eats finger food still at home, or micro chips, nuggets, waffles etc, his bag is also full off crisps and snack type foods. My little one askes for broccolli most days, so we've got loads growing in the garden - can't wait to see his little face.

Cheers my lovely's

xxxxx

Lyns123
08-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi

I've had a healthy eating month, below are some of the things we have done:

pick your own - strawberrys were the most popular and my daughter ate loads, she has always refused them before

Interactive wall display - i have fruits and veg on my display board attached with velcro, the kids can swap the names round of each item but we make a game of finding the right fruit or veg for the name

Eating exotic fruit and veg - we had a trip to the supermarket and the kids each had a picture list of the fruit or veg we were looking for, their job was to find it. We had stuff like dragon fruit, plantain, coconut etc, we had it at fruit time.

For the children who were not fussed on veg (my DD being one of them) we would always have veg with dinner but we would have special dips, this encouraged them to try the veg even if it was smothered in dip.

We've done a bit more so let me know if you need more ideas, obvioulsy we did lots of colouring, painting ect of different fruits and veg, for broccoli we painted it green then had tissue paper for the sprouty bits at the end :)

miffy
08-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Eating exotic fruit and veg - we had a trip to the supermarket and the kids each had a picture list of the fruit or veg we were looking for, their job was to find it. We had stuff like dragon fruit, plantain, coconut etc, we had it at fruit time.

I love that idea - thanks

Miffy xx