PDA

View Full Version : Childs bump on head

birch24
08-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Today the child I look after arrived with a huge bump on his head, Dad said he ran into the door because he was rushing him to get ready. Which is ok cos I know these things happen.
But what I was wondering is although I have completed an accident form to get parent to sign later to cover myself, when I drop him off at pre school do I then inform them? I almost feel like I'm making a big deal, but sort of wonder whether they should be told too to cover myself there? And will the parent think I am making a fuss if they found out I had been and "reported" him to pre school.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

AliceK
08-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Today the child I look after arrived with a huge bump on his head, Dad said he ran into the door because he was rushing him to get ready. Which is ok cos I know these things happen.
But what I was wondering is although I have completed an accident form to get parent to sign later to cover myself, when I drop him off at pre school do I then inform them? I almost feel like I'm making a big deal, but sort of wonder whether they should be told too to cover myself there? And will the parent think I am making a fuss if they found out I had been and "reported" him to pre school.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing this morning as my mindee had a bump to his head earlier and I do the srop off to nursery. I will mention it to his key worker just to cover myself I think.

xxxx

Trouble
08-07-2010, 09:16 AM
i would mention it to key worker or manger to cover yourself they will just keep an eye on him/her

big hugs xxxx

Tealady
08-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I would mention it too, I'ts not just a matter of "covering yourself" as it is a head injury and the school should be aware so they can keep an eye on the child.

birch24
08-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Yes I think I will, otherwise the nursery might note it and if I haven't mentioned it they might think it had happened whilst with me.

Thanks xxx

Trouble
08-07-2010, 09:26 AM
normally if a child is at school the school would send a letter lome to say that there child had bumped its head so no different as you are telling them

theres fuss and good fuss this is a good fuss and your covering yourself:D

miffy
08-07-2010, 09:41 AM
You should have got the parent to sign an existing injury form before he left this morning

If that sounds picky it's because I know of a childminder who didn't thinking that parents would sign later and they then tried to say the injury had been caused at the childminders.

Yes, you need to tell pre-school too - they should also be recording it

Miffy xx

birch24
08-07-2010, 11:47 AM
You should have got the parent to sign an existing injury form before he left this morning

If that sounds picky it's because I know of a childminder who didn't thinking that parents would sign later and they then tried to say the injury had been caused at the childminders.

Yes, you need to tell pre-school too - they should also be recording it

Miffy xx

Yes I know I should have done but we were already in the car (late) waiting for him. The parent is never on time and I had my 2 and other 13 month mindee all strapped in waiting to go. I was in a bit of a fluster about getting to school on time and thought about it after!! :panic:
I have since spoken to mum who rang to check he was ok and mentioned getting it signed tonight and she said that it was fine to do it then.

I will be more prepared for it next time i am in this situation.:D

:D :D :D