PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge for homecooked organic lunch and tea ?

Kimmy050983
08-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Hi, I am just writing up all my fees and struggle to find the right price for my food. I cook everything fresh from organic food, for lunches i cook meat, carbs and veg and for tea a vegetarian tea like soup, baked potato etc.
How much would you charge for these? organic meat and veg is more expensive than normal so I thought 2 pounds for lunch and 1 pound for tea , is that reasonable?

Thanks
Kimmy

Bushpig
08-07-2010, 07:58 AM
More than reasonable! :thumbsup:

Stillgoingstrong
08-07-2010, 08:10 AM
I dont do "cooking" but I know some that do and charge £2.50 for cooked tea - spag bol etc with a yog or similar for pudding

Chatterbox Childcare
08-07-2010, 08:23 AM
I charge £2.50 for lunch/dinner/tea and .50p for breakfast. Can you actually cook 2 meals for £3.00 as I can't? Look at it as if you are only cooking for that one child as somedays you maybe.

mama2three
08-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Sounds very good value to me!

Also i wouldnt trap yourself by your policies. What i mean is make sure you put that you 'usually' provide a home cooked organic meal , rather than always.....Very little difference except you are free to make sandwiches for a picnic if you feel like it , buy non-organic tomatos if there are no organic ones etc... with no comeback..

Ive just been back through all my policies to check where i was veering away from what id stated , and amended a few ....

Kimmy050983
08-07-2010, 08:56 AM
thanks everyone,

well my son is 18 months and has so far had a homecooked meal every day, but have not put in my policies that meals will HAVE to be organic. but we´re not eating non organic meat ( i just couldnt justify that to myself, whereas there is the odd non organic vegetable from local greengrocer) so the parents will know that it is MAINLY organic :)

well I think I will charge 2.50 for lunch then and 1.50 for tea as tea is vegetarian (ie without meat). as Jamie there anyway i have to cook everyday. (he has got many allergies so that´s why he isnt eating anything processed)

Tealady
08-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi, I am just writing up all my fees and struggle to find the right price for my food. I cook everything fresh from organic food, for lunches i cook meat, carbs and veg and for tea a vegetarian tea like soup, baked potato etc.
How much would you charge for these? organic meat and veg is more expensive than normal so I thought 2 pounds for lunch and 1 pound for tea , is that reasonable?

Thanks
Kimmy

I would spend a little time acutually costing up some menus. I was surprised how much meals were costing me, as my breakfast boy eats like a horse and my tea time girl sometimes has cooked as she will choose a baguette for school dinner and will somedays eat loads too