PDA

View Full Version : how to claim the 3-4 year old nursery grant

lilliuspillius
08-07-2010, 07:06 AM
hello, Ive been asked by a prospective parent if i can claim the 3/4 year old nursery grant. Ive heard about it, but have never looked into it. Can anyone give me some advise pease on how to go about claiming, who to contact, what i need to do ,etc, etc. I belive i qualify as i have a level 4 qualification and belong to a childminding network,etc.

many thanks

christine e
08-07-2010, 07:22 AM
I think you should contact your developement worker as this differs local authority to local authority. There are only 2 accredited childminders in the whole of the county where I live and they are both ex teachers.

Good luck

Cx

Carol M
08-07-2010, 07:28 AM
You have to become accredited and this can take some time depending on your LA.Speak to your Network coordinator, if you have one or your CDO.
Also, there is a set fee paid per hr by the funding and it some areas this is LESS than your own hrly fee so alot of work and hassle for LESS money!
Good luck
Carol xx

gigglinggoblin
08-07-2010, 08:23 AM
I am in the process of becoming accredited. We had to be a member of a network, hold a level 3 qualification, fill in some forms to say how we could deliver the different apects of EYFS and then have a meeting with an early years teacher (not got to the last bit yet). Its been pretty straight forward so far and my dw says it shouldnt be much different day to day once we are registered as all early years settings are supposed to deliver the EYFS anyway. Round here we expect to get £3.11 per hour (there are several different things that work out how much you get, flexibility, being in a deprived area etc) but we also get a lump sum of £1100 per year split over 3 terms for being available. Other childminders said getting the money can be a headache, some havent had any, some have been paid double!

Jules12Wed
08-07-2010, 08:41 AM
I claim the Early Education Entitlement. I've been claiming since September. We need to be accredited to claim but from September you need to have the Quality Mark in my area, which I have just done.

We get £3.56 an hour split into flexibility, area etc. Our money is paid monthly over 12 months. I offer 15 hours. One child claims 15 hours here, 2 children 12 hours and one child 6 hours.

The money I get for the 15 hour attendee is more as you get paid extra for the last 3 hours.

Chimps Childminding
08-07-2010, 09:55 AM
One of my mums have just asked me to look into it, however she wanted to start from september :eek: Have spoken to our local Early Years Team and firstly I have to become a Network Childminder, which should be done by Christmas (they have group meetings for this so have to wait for a space). Then I have to become accredited which I will start working towards in January! LO starts School next September so can't really see the point as it will take a few months (I assume) to get through it all????

LO is already going to nursery 2 mornings from sept but mum wanted to use the extra funded hours with me! May suggest that she would be better increasing his hours at Nursery (even tho it means I will lose him possibly 1 day) as it seems a lot of hassle for a few months!!

Lara G
05-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Please let me know what course is required to become an accredited childminder.