PDA

View Full Version : Bookers cash and carry......

sutherland
13-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Dont know if you are all aware but we are able to register with the cash and carries as a business. Only found this out the other day when myself and my neighbour where there getting supplies for the school bazaar. Just need 2 forms of business id and some personal id. Only thing is though, its best checking prices online first to ensure that what u buy is a better deal, and to remember also that VAT is added on at the till. But def worth it as we got things like the 99p selection boxes for 69p etc and u can buy things in either retail or catering sizes.

www.booker.co.uk

Michelle...xxx

ajs
13-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Dont know if you are all aware but we are able to register with the cash and carries as a business. Only found this out the other day when myself and my neighbour where there getting supplies for the school bazaar. Just need 2 forms of business id and some personal id. Only thing is though, its best checking prices online first to ensure that what u buy is a better deal, and to remember also that VAT is added on at the till. But def worth it as we got things like the 99p selection boxes for 69p etc and u can buy things in either retail or catering sizes.

www.booker.co.uk

Michelle...xxx

i am registered with both makro (which is free)
and costco (which you pay for ) but as a business you get benefits that you don't get as an individual at costco

charleyfarley
14-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm registered with Makro too, there's also JTM but don't know if that's just a Stoke one.

Carol xx

deb24
14-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Where is Makro never heard of them is there one in Bedfordshire?

angeldelight
14-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks for that

Angel xx

sutherland
14-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Where is Makro never heard of them is there one in Bedfordshire?

Deb24, as far as I know there is no Macro in Beds, but Booker is, and is the same type of thing and u dont have to pay to join. Its just before Bedford off the new road if you were coming from my way at Henlow. Just dont use sat nav to get u there as they havent updated the new road yet and ours said we were in a middle of a field!!!! :)

Michelle

LittleMissSparkles
14-12-2007, 12:36 PM
we are going to Macro at Hull on Sunday, will be 1st time have been hubby got a card through work and I have applied for a card for Costco at Sheffield too xxx

Spangles
14-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Thank you Michelle, it hadn't even crossed my mind to try this!

Is there anything else I should join?

fionamal
14-12-2007, 03:42 PM
I used to be a member of Bookers as well but you have to go and spend on your account every month for the membership to be kept open.

Mollymop
14-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Hi Michelle, Thanks for the link!:)
You find out so much on this site, it is such a godsend. I didn't even know I would be able to use a Cash and Carry once I was registered, so thanks for making me a little wiser today! :laughing:
sandra XX

maria
14-12-2007, 04:10 PM
hiya,its that a newbie thats come in with bookers?because ive asked before and got turned down.iam a member of jtf cash and carry but that doesnt do food or drinks.does anyone know of any other cash and carrys please?i know there was one in newark but i dont know the name of it.
thanks
maria:)

Blaze
14-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Sorry I don't...but thanks, as I hadn't hought of this & was unaware!
Tasha:)

sutherland
14-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I used to be a member of Bookers as well but you have to go and spend on your account every month for the membership to be kept open.

Hmmm the woman didnt say anything about regular spending when we were in there just said that childminders can open an account and gave us both forms. Think I going to check this before i drive all the way there!!!! Thanks

Cammie Doodle
16-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes its worth checking as my sister has hair dressing Salon and has been told she cant shop in Bookers !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy Rules Hubby worked for them years ago and can't understand why, he has told her to join at another store or ring and ask to speak to manager

bubbly
16-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Hmmm the woman didnt say anything about regular spending when we were in there just said that childminders can open an account and gave us both forms. Think I going to check this before i drive all the way there!!!! Thanks

My mum joined Bookers years ago as she does a lot of charitable work/catering for the Salvation Army. She doesn't have to spend once a month to keep membership open. Maybe that's something they've introduced for new members but it certainly doesn't apply to her. It's a great place to shop but you have to be aware of the VAT they add on to the bill at the end. Also, their own-brand products are very good quality so don't be afraid to try.

ajs
16-12-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm registered with Makro too, there's also JTM but don't know if that's just a Stoke one.

Carol xx

if you mean jtf they are all over the country and i forgot about them when i put the last post

susan i use the sheffield costco text me when you're next going i'll meet you there if i can

we're going on saturday 23rd to stock up on bread and stuff

ajs
16-12-2007, 11:10 AM
we are going to Macro at Hull on Sunday, will be 1st time have been hubby got a card through work and I have applied for a card for Costco at Sheffield too xxx

the macro sheffield is just around the corner from costco so you could kill two birds with one stone

bubbly
16-12-2007, 11:16 AM
I find QD Stores also a great place to buy masses of stuff cheaply. I have one very close to where I live. Anyone else tried there?

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
17-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I have got a card for Makro but you do have to watch because sometimes the things are not any cheaper.

Lorraine xx

LittleMissSparkles
18-12-2007, 09:02 PM
the macro sheffield is just around the corner from costco so you could kill two birds with one stone

Mandy we went to Macro at Hull on Sunday instead, only just seen this thread sorry, spend an absolute fortune...LOL I have half a sweet shop in my cupboard now !!!!

Need to send application of to costco's before I can shop there so will leave it till new years now x

manjay
18-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Mandy we went to Macro at Hull on Sunday instead, only just seen this thread sorry, spend an absolute fortune...LOL I have half a sweet shop in my cupboard now !!!!

Need to send application of to costco's before I can shop there so will leave it till new years now x

I always spend a fortune at Makro! God job I only go every couple of months. Also come home with tubs and tubs of sweets, even ones we don't usually eat! Then there is the mountains of toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, industrial size washing powder, dishwasher tablets, stella, schmirnoff!! Not everything is cheaper once the VAT is added but if you go for the stuff that is on offer that week you can get some good bargains.

Amanda xx

LittleMissSparkles
19-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I always spend a fortune at Makro! God job I only go every couple of months. Also come home with tubs and tubs of sweets, even ones we don't usually eat! Then there is the mountains of toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, industrial size washing powder, dishwasher tablets, stella, schmirnoff!! Not everything is cheaper once the VAT is added but if you go for the stuff that is on offer that week you can get some good bargains.

Amanda xx

LOL our shopping cart sounds just like yours Amanda !!!! LOL

we got 36 toilet roll for £7, washing powder, comfort 5lt, dishwasher tabs, loads of tubs of sweets.... ! crate of 24 J20's, cordials, coke, crate of fruit shooty things, apple pie ( massive ) choc fudge cake ( massive ) smirnoff ice huge box .... lol

We didnt plan on spending quite so much .....!!!!