PDA

View Full Version : I REALLY need mindies.....

Tiger Lilly
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I have in to a new area about 6 weeks ago, and i still dont have any work, i put posters up about 3 weeks before we moved, i have been to the childrens centre, put the word out with a few other minders and mums at school, But with no luck......I really need work, please tell me what i can do, im VERY board and money is starting to run out...HELP.....

Im in Warminster...:panic:

Fabby
07-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Are you advertsing on childcare.co.uk and netmums? This is where i have had my business from. Netmums free to advertise and there is a fee for childcare.co.uk. Have you put a poster up in your local shops i.e tesco etc. Library? Approach schools in your area to see if they can feature you in their newsletter... mind gone blank now but hth

Millenium
07-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Have you re-registered with childcarefinder.direct.gov.uk which generates most of my enquiries. Some county (and district) councils do their own localised version of this with more details and information about the provider - I am in West Sussex and theirs is quite good.

I also use Yellow Pages - it is free and once you register I think you entry will appear online on www.yell.co.uk within about 72 hours.

Obviously word of mouth is not going to be effective as you have just moed to the area.

I know of some Doctor's surgeries and Health Centres in my area are willing to put up a small poster as long as it contains your Ofsted URL number.

Good luck