PDA

View Full Version : DS just doesn't get on with Mindee

celdemorg
07-07-2010, 10:37 AM
I wonder if any of you have experienced this, my DS who get's on with all my mindees bar one. Now I've had this little mindee for over 12 months now, and at first I just thought it was my son trying to come to terms with me minding and just wanted me to himself. But after minding for over a year, there is one little girl he just generally doesn't get on, all they do is bicker, push each other, take toys if the other has them (they are only both 2) every day he says "No like *******" or "******** go home now". It's really starting to get me down a bit now :( . They do on the odd occasion get on, but is very rare. This mindee is my only really full time, all the others are part time, do you think that this could be why, maybe he sees too much of this one, and get's a break iyswim with the part timers??

If I have this mindee she is lovely when my son is at playgroup, and vice versa my ds is an :littleangel: with all the other mindees and when not with ******.

I think if the mindee wasn't my main income I would seriously think about ending the contract, but I really can't afford to, and it's not as though I've had loads of calls lately either, so a bit stuck in a rutt.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as it's so hard seeing my son get upset as soon as she walks through the door (the other mindees he hugs)

xxxxx

little_gems
07-07-2010, 11:24 AM
sorry cant really offer any advise as im in the same boat.
My mindee is part time and i have this problem.

celdemorg
07-07-2010, 11:31 AM
It's awful isn't it, I just hate seeing him upset in the morning, as the day goes on he just keeps saying "No like ******" I mean she's not that bad, very whingy and spoilt I think, so maybe he picks up on this. I suppose as adults as well you know people who you like and there maybe one or two people that you just don't click with.

xxxx

mushpea
07-07-2010, 05:10 PM
I have the same problem with my son whose and 9 and a 6yrold mindee, some days they are ok then other days the mindee winds up my son who lashs out at the mindee. The difference for me is that i can explain to my son that if i dont look after this boy and the others then i would have to leave him with a minder and go to work myself which he hates the idea of and i can explain to both children what is and isnt acceptable behaviour, my son has social interaction problems which dosent help but i do also give them both seperate activites and ones they can do together which gives them time apart and then helps them learn to get on with each other.