PDA

View Full Version : Mindees Pet gone to heaven

patevans
07-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Have been asked to help with this but not sure how...

Mindee's pet budgie has died and mum has asked me to help mindee understand, shes 2.5 years, how could I do this?

Tink
07-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Maybe you could get a book from your local library on pet deaths I did for a Lo I had when he lost his pet lizzard.
I also made a special cross with his name on for the Lo to put in his garden.
Hope the Lo is ok, it's a tough time xxx

angeldelight
07-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Oh how sad

Depends on the little one and how much she understands

I would keep it really brief and not dwell on it to be honest

Angel xxx

patevans
07-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Maybe you could get a book from your local library on pet deaths I did for a Lo I had when he lost his pet lizzard.
I also made a special cross with his name on for the Lo to put in his garden.
Hope the Lo is ok, it's a tough time xxx

oooooh I love your sign, if you dont mind me asking where did you get it done?

patevans
07-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Mummy told her he has gone to heaven but she is asking when he is coming back!!

Tink
07-07-2010, 07:37 AM
I made it from lolly pop sticks and the pet's name in the middle, Lo was 3.5 at the time so like Angel said it depends on how aware the child is.

mama2three
07-07-2010, 07:39 AM
I like the film all dogs goes to heaven , it covers it in a lovely child friendly way.

I havent even told Q that our dog died at the weekend. He still thinks she is at the vets , I didnt want to spoil his birthday yesterday. We have the film on video somewhere ( showing my age!) so Im going to dig it out and watch it with him , then explain about Coo. Whilst attempting not to get upset!

angeldelight
07-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Mummy told her he has gone to heaven but she is asking when he is coming back!!

Does she even understand where or what heaven is ?

Angel xx

buildingblocks
07-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Sent you something off site called Rainbow Bridge not an animal person but think it is lovely Sure it originally came from on here somewhere.

patevans
07-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Sent you something off site called Rainbow Bridge not an animal person but think it is lovely Sure it originally came from on here somewhere.

Thanks Kate, where did you send it too?

teacake2
07-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Whenever I lose one of my pets, I get the children to scatter some seeds in the garden and so we have a special area (getting too big now, lost so many recently), obviously you can't do that in the winter so we make a little picture and put it outside in the special area. I don't know if it helps but they have seemed to be able to come to terms with it, even the little ones.
Teacake2

buildingblocks
07-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Thanks Kate, where did you send it too?

your gmail but it has been returned if you email me at my building blocks email then I will resend it to you

patevans
07-07-2010, 01:41 PM
your gmail but it has been returned if you email me at my building blocks email then I will resend it to you

have emailed you :D