PDA

View Full Version : Given Notice feeling Low (a bit long sorry)

Michelle M
31-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I am feeling low at the moment girlys, where do I start.

Well I put a post up a few weeks ago about the baby I was minding for who was 8 months, and wasn’t weaned and breastfed, but mum wanted me to formula feed etc, well he lasted 3 weeks, and then mum decided Grandma was having him (mum is my step sister) so it makes me wonder if she just wanted to claim the tax credits. So he has gone now, wasn’t too upset as he just cried all day and I only had him 2 days a week.

O was 1 year old in February, mum had gone back to work 9:45 till 2:45 so part time and Monday – Thursday, she found it hard, and had messed about with a nursery and didn’t pay them as she wasn’t very happy with them, mum is a friend and I stand with her on the playground. Bearing in mind she is contracted 9:45 she comes to mine straight from School so about 9:00 am I don’t charge her by the way. Anyway this morning she decides she cant hold down and Admin job and 2 kids, she is married and they both work. She has only been there for about 6 weeks, and before that she was a cleaner and was doing that for 4 weeks, I should have realised shouldn’t I. So she asks how much notice she has to give me, she is doing me a letter today. So now I down to 1 part timer Tuesday – Friday for 4 hours a day.

I had brought a car as I needed it for the School run when I was doing 2 different Schools, but when I took on these extra babies I gave notice to the parent as it wasn’t working out for me getting there on time, she was a genuine person and I am kicking myself now for letting him go.

Thank you for reading and sorry it was so long.

sarah707
31-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh Michelle, I am so sorry, what a muddle!

All I can suggest is you give yourself a hug, allow yourself one day to be miserable, pick yourself up and start advertising again...

I hope something comes up for you xx

Twinkles
31-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Chin up honey. I know it's all depressing at the moment. But you may be better off not working for friends and family.
Start advertising now and I'm sure something will come along.

Pudding Girl
31-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm sory you are feeling low honey, sometimes it feels like 3 stps forward 2 steps back doesn't it?

You are now free to find some really good ( hopefully ft!) mindees now, so concentrate on that and doing a bit of asking round and advertising :)

LittleMissSparkles
31-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry you are feeling low at the moment honey, things willpick up i promise you, you just have to believe xxx

crazybones
31-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh Michelle I am sorry, I am in the same boat too - just found out I am losing one and by September I will be empty. I have given myself a slap and have been printing off stuff for advertising and have to get on. Best of luck to you.

emler
31-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Sorry to hear this. As has been said already, start advertising straight away and fingers crossed your phone will start ringing soon. Big hugs

Emler x

Donkey
31-03-2008, 01:42 PM
sorry to hear your feeling low

not much advice i can give as these ladies know it all so much better than me.

just wanted to say thinking of you

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
31-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Sorry to hear this, but I am sure you will fill your spaces in no time at all.

Good luck hun

Lorraine xx

ruby
31-03-2008, 03:04 PM
sorry to hear you are feeling miserable
can' think of any thing to add as the other have already said it

will keep my fingers crossed that you have some good news soon

cathy

angeldelight
31-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Hope you get heaps of calls soon to cheer you up

Hugs

Angel xx

Banana
31-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Sorry you are feeling down in the dumps :(

Hope that you start getting lots more enquiries and are full soon!

x

Michelle M
31-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh Michelle I am sorry, I am in the same boat too - just found out I am losing one and by September I will be empty. I have given myself a slap and have been printing off stuff for advertising and have to get on. Best of luck to you.

LOL I will slap myself later. I am having a very large or few glasess of wine but I think its makinf it worse LOL

Thanks for your replies ladies you are all very kind :)

Minnie Minx
31-03-2008, 06:48 PM
oh hun i'm sorry you're feeling down, have the wine and some chocolate and tomorrow start your advertising campaign. Fingers crossed that you get some more mindees soon

xx

miffy
31-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear your bad news but like the others have said it will pick up

Get advertising and keep your fingers crossed that phone soon starts ringing again

miffy xx