PDA

View Full Version : really really really

juejue
06-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Mindee comes a hour late at 9am, should go home at 5pm with sibling ( school pick up) but still here at 6pm.

mum n dad been the shop to pick their bikes up, never told me they would be late.......rang at 5.10 to say will not be long.
turned up and said.......sorry for being late, i will pick them up early tomorrow.

HELLO, just coz she was a hour late in morning doesn't mean they can stay a hour later.

Ino you are going to say charge them the extra hour, But sometimes I feel like I get played on.

Does anyone else feel like it sometimes :mad:

Sorry for the moan :angry:

Heaven Scent
06-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Yes I do - its a pain in the rump when they do this.

little daisies
07-07-2010, 04:35 AM
some parents treat you as a doormat. they think just because you work from home you have nothing better to do. you don`t have a life, don`t need to spend quality time with your own family, don`t have appointments to attend if you do just take the kids with you:eek: . you don`t have bills to pay so they are alright to pay as and when they feel like it:angry: they can drop thier kids off and pick them up whenever the list goes on and on.
just remind me again why we do this job:rolleyes:

angeldelight
07-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Mindee comes a hour late at 9am, should go home at 5pm with sibling ( school pick up) but still here at 6pm.

mum n dad been the shop to pick their bikes up, never told me they would be late.......rang at 5.10 to say will not be long.
turned up and said.......sorry for being late, i will pick them up early tomorrow.

HELLO, just coz she was a hour late in morning doesn't mean they can stay a hour later.

Ino you are going to say charge them the extra hour, But sometimes I feel like I get played on.

Does anyone else feel like it sometimes :mad:

Sorry for the moan :angry:

So if they call you then they are very aware that they are late then

Do not let it go on speak to parents

Do you charge if a parent collects late ?

Angel xx

mushpea
07-07-2010, 06:02 AM
I would definatly charge a 'late' fee, I have a child that comes half hour early every day but goes home an hour early each day and this i dont mind cause id rather have them come and go early than come and go late.

The Juggler
07-07-2010, 06:20 AM
I agree, say, that' will be an extra £x for the hour on Tuesday.:)

miffy
07-07-2010, 06:54 AM
If a parent's late because it's a genuine emergency then fine I wouldn't charge as long as it didn't happen too often

But in this case I'd have been steaming by the time they arrived - it's so ignorant! I'd definitely charge them.

Miffy xx

cuffleygirl
07-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Had similar yesterday, mindee due to be picked up at 4.30pm, Mum rings at 4.45pm saying she is just leaving work - its a 40 minute drive from work to mine.

What gets me is she was due to finish work at 3.50pm so she why didn't she ring then? Well I know the answer to that one - incase I said it was inconvenient! She rings when there is nothing I can do about it apart from charge, as it happened I to miss a doctors appointment because of it - but hey its ok - "'cos she hasn't done it for ages!" (well about 10 days)

Mollymop
07-07-2010, 07:16 AM
makes me so cross when things like this happen:rolleyes:

juejue
07-07-2010, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=juejue;740301]Mindee comes a hour late at 9am, should go home at 5pm with sibling ( school pick up) but still here at 6pm.

mum n dad been the shop to pick their bikes up, never told me they would be late.......rang at 5.10 to say will not be long. turned up and said.......sorry for being late, i will pick them up early tomorrow.

Well didn't pick up early. come right on the dot of 5, mum never got out the car, hubby came in said "cant stay we are late for the after school pick up club" :angry: :angry: :angry:

rickysmiths
07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I had parents that were continually late. In the end I went out, so there was no one at the house when they arrived late. The first time I got an angry phone call demanding to know where I was! I said they could come and meet me or I would be home in half an hour. I met them at home. The next time I made them meet me and it was five miles from home! They were never late agian :rolleyes: