PDA

View Full Version : been bitten!

sweets
06-07-2010, 06:06 PM
can't believe how much it hurt and it still hurts too!

i was carrying my mindee nearly 2 who has special needs up to bed, he had his head on my shoulder and sunk his teeth in! i yelled oowwww as you do and pulled him away but because of his special needs his letting go reflexes arnt very good so he clung on and till i had pulled him right away, because i had shouted his little face just crumpled and i felt awful! as he cant cope with loud noises and hates being made jump. we had to sit on the bed and have a cuddle for ages before i could put him down.

he actually drew blood, and was just telling my sister who now reckons i should get a tetanus jab, havnt had one for years :blush: anyone know if thats right? can you get tetanus from toddler bites? lol.

not blaming him at all as he didnt know what he was doing but will definately carry him a different way from now on or at least make sure he has his dum dum in! :laughing:

Mouse
06-07-2010, 06:13 PM
You poor thing. Must have been a big shock for both of you.

I'm not sure about the tetanus jab, though it did spring to mind as I was reading your post. Perhaps you could phone NHS direct for advice?

miffy
06-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Poor you!

There's some info here about the tetanus jab

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Tetanus-Immunisation.htm

Reading that I'd say you should have one just to be on the safe side but you could always ring your drs and ask advice tomorrow

Miffy xx

nannymcflea
06-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Hope your feeling a little better now.

We have a SEN child(well 4 actually) and have been taught to push a childs face into the area they are biting as this makes them let go.(like when breastfeeding I suppose!)

Still hurts mind you.:(

daisyboo1980
06-07-2010, 06:16 PM
when i worked in a day nursery i got bit on the bum , he drew blood but luckly i didnt need a shot as i had one the year before

i would ring nhs direct
hope u feel better x

The Juggler
06-07-2010, 06:31 PM
ouch. hope you're ok.

sarah707
06-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Poor you! I was bitten years ago and the little one clung on, I remember how much it hurts.

I went to the doc and got a jab the next day. I thought better safe than sorry.

Hugs xx

sweets
06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
thanks, feel pathetic really as its only tiny, will def have lots of sympathy for mindees from now on if they get bitten and wont say never mind but your alright go and play! lol

angeldelight
07-07-2010, 10:52 AM
thanks, feel pathetic really as its only tiny, will def have lots of sympathy for mindees from now on if they get bitten and wont say never mind but your alright go and play! lol

Its not pathetic - it hurts

Hope you are ok

Angel xx