PDA

View Full Version : few questions?!

hollyoaksmad
06-07-2010, 11:40 AM
as some of you may no i have Ofsted coming next week

I have not done my SEF does not make a lot ov sense even my mum sed so lol

are you aloud to enter the kitchen say if the child is happily playin in the playroom? and also while ofsted are here

can you go get there snacks or run upstairs if they are down stairs but in ear shot

do u guys make ofsted a drink?

caz3007
06-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Mrs O is coming to me tomorrow and no SEF and not worried about it, no time etc.

I offer Mrs O a drink and make myself one even if she doesnt want one, as I always do after the school run.

I have left a child with Mrs O whilst I go into another room to do something as I have 2 totally different ages here tomorrow, will have to if one needs the loo or when the youngest needs his nap

Mouse
06-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Ofsted do advise that you complete a SEF, but it's not compulsory. It's a good idea to read through the questions beforehand though, so you have an idea what sort of things they will be asking you.

You are OK to go out of the room & leave the children with the inspector.

I offer them a drink at snack time when I'm having one.

Good luck!

WibbleWobble
06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
i left mrs o sitting under the tree in the garden with my gang whilst i got the sandwiches from the fridge for lunch. I got an extra plate and she had a picnic with us. I made her a cup of tea (in safety cup) and kept her hydrated with juice in a kiddy plastic cup!:laughing: :laughing:

mandy xxxxxx

hollyoaksmad
06-07-2010, 03:03 PM
excellent thanx guys

Shirlwith3
06-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Went on a cousre last week about filling out SEF & it was advised to have it done as it will shorten the length of time Mrs O is at yours

blue bear
06-07-2010, 04:16 PM
When Mrs O came to me I offered her a drink in a safety cup she said "give me a real cup I can't stand those plastic things" made me laugh, she was just so real and down to earth, put me right at ease.

As you are relatively new to childminding and are finding the sef difficult you could try writing a reflective account of how things have gone, changes you have made, things you have bought, how you have tackled planning and observations etc.
You do not have to do sef but some sort of self reflection is advisable so you can show how you have learned from your experience etc.