PDA

View Full Version : Summer Newsletter

twinkle3005
06-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi. I'm about to type up my Summer Newsletter for parents and just wondered what everyone else includes in theirs. I struggle every time to put interesting things in mine. Any ideas would be great.

Toothfairy
06-07-2010, 10:48 AM
I just put in what we are going to be doing over the summer holidays and about any outing we will be going on.

I remind parents about appropriate clothing and sun block/sun hats.

I remind parents of any dates i am unable to work.

I have a birthday section where I wish all the children with birthdays over the next couple of months a happy birthday.

Just general chit chat realy. :thumbsup:

Hebs
06-07-2010, 10:49 AM
request for sun cream/hats etc
birthdays
new starters/leavers
special requests

little chickee
06-07-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm just doing mine and have included when i'm on holiday , request for approiate clothing including swimsuits for the paddling pool.

I have asked for suncream to be supplied but also requested that parents apply suncream BEFORE arriving at my house so that we can go out straight away. I will then of course reapply when neccesary.

a bit about what outings and activities i have planned for the holidays.

I'm asking for packed lunches to contain things that can be eaten in the garden or at the park - sandwiches instead of soup etc.

patevans
06-07-2010, 05:51 PM
New Equipment
Courses
Poems
Places we will be visiting

as well as everything everyone has already said :D

Jelly Baby
06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
As most of the others have said really!

start off with what we have done and then will be doing.
dates of children birthdays
dates for them to remember and anything we are doing that needs reminding
sun cream/swimwear etc

Info on new arrivals but have done them and now chocka so don't have to worry about that bit!

jumpinjen
06-07-2010, 06:47 PM
I put in about new things that I hve done for the children such as new resources or areas in the garden, any training coming up or recently done, what i have implemented from the training, some things that we have enjoyed recently and will be doing in the next few weeks. dates, reminders etc.

jen x

miffy
06-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I put in about new things that I hve done for the children such as new resources or areas in the garden, any training coming up or recently done, what i have implemented from the training, some things that we have enjoyed recently and will be doing in the next few weeks. dates, reminders etc.

jen x

Sounds like mine! :)

Miffy xx