PDA

View Full Version : Don't want to seem unsympathetic

Adiamond
05-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Today I have been given notice from my little 7 month old mindees mum :( :(

She turned up here this morning in tears saying that her and her partner had split up :eek: and she asked me how she gives notice?

Rather shocked to say the least I have only has lo for about 8 weeks.

She came tonight with a letter for me saying that this is a months notice as they are moving and she won't be able to afford to bring lo to me.

I ask for 4 weeks notice which is fine but I am on holiday for the last week of notice and I know it says on my ncma contracts that notice cannot be worked whilst on holiday or similar!!!

Hmmm not sure what to do with this do I accept the 4 weeks or do I include my hol and that would make it 5 weeks notice in theory?

I don't want to seem as though I am being greedy iyswim!!
x x x

huggableshelly
05-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I would explain that you can only work 3 of the 4 wks due to your holiday, she will appreciate only having to pay 3 wks unless you charge for your hols ofcourse then call it a day and have a fresh start when you return rather than having one final wk with baby.

miffy
05-07-2010, 08:24 PM
If she is willing to pay you the four weeks and not return for a final week after your holiday then that's fine otherwise you have to decide whether you only want to have 3 weeks paid notice and finish when you break up for your holiday or work the last week of your notice when you are back from holiday.

Sounds as though mum is pretty upset atm and would be thankful to have to pay a week less but it's up to you what you decide to do.

Hope you find something else soon

Miffy xx