PDA

View Full Version : Do you charge for each week during summer hols?

Tippy Toes
05-07-2010, 04:47 PM
If you have a child after school and during the summer hols/half terms do you charge for when they want you in the half terms or do you charge set amount each week?

For example if parent wants you 3 full days most weeks during hols would you charge this for each week regarless of whether they needed the care - (maybe taking a holiday one week so no childcare required?)

Hope this makes sense, thanks x

miffy
05-07-2010, 04:56 PM
It depends what you have written in your contract about school holiday care. Some childminders are happy to provide holiday care on an ad-hoc basis and then charge only for those days used, others charge for the number of days being kept available for the child each week whether they're used or not.

It's down to what you negotiate with the parent. You shouldn't charge when you're on holiday as your service is not available.

Miffy xx

little_gems
05-07-2010, 07:38 PM
it depends on the contract. I charge 3 full days even if they dont come and others are as when required.

mushpea
06-07-2010, 05:54 AM
I have one child whose contract before and after school and is 10hrs per day 5days per week in the holidays so i charge for those hours wether they come or not, then i have another school child who comes termtime only so I dont charge for the holidays but if they want to come ad hoc in the holidays thats fine as long as i have the space but i dont hold the space for them.

angeldelight
06-07-2010, 07:02 AM
I have a child that comes before and after school

I also have him school holidays

They pay for all of the weeks even if they are not here for any reason

If I am on holiday or ill then of course they do not have to pay me

Angel xx

buildingblocks
06-07-2010, 08:04 AM
If they are requiring the service during the holidays then they pay even if they don't use it as sadly I am a business and not a charity. If it is term time only and htey are in full time school then I do not charge a retainer as I prefer to not have older children in for full days much prefer my under 5's but do cahrge a retainer for under 5 spaces.

I do feel bad as I take my holidays during term time and I realise they have to take their holidays during the summer hols but they are made aware of this when they sign the contract.

jaja
06-07-2010, 08:49 AM
I charge what we have argreed in the contract, so if they want the full 6 weeks off then they pay full but if i was off then they wouldnt pay as they need to find someone to have the chldren. I dont have a set hours, but the parents pay for the hours used and contracted...

hope this helps xxx