PDA

View Full Version : Variation

Louise_Oaktree
05-07-2010, 04:19 PM
I have had an enquiry for next year for 9 month old twins, I am already registered for 2 under 12 months but I will also have my own baby by then who will be 3-4 months - has anyone ever heard of there being a successful variation application for 3 under 12 months?

I know I am capable and it will only be for 3 months until the twins are 1. Its for 3 days a week and I have no other children on those days apart from my son who is at school during the day and I will either drop my baby off with Grandma whilst I do the school run, use a sling/baby carrier or my hubby works flexi time so could do the school run for me on those days.

I just don't want to waste everyones time if it's going to be an automatic NO from Ofsted.

Louise_Oaktree
06-07-2010, 08:03 AM
The lady is coming to see me this week, so will have to see what happens but am thinking if it wasn't twins there wouldn't be a problem and am hoping this will help my case.

Does anyone else have a variation for 3 under 12 months???? Its not something I have seen before but I guess it's not like i am asking them to increase my numbers in the under 5's.

Louise_Oaktree
06-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Just thought I would share this as it has answered my question and I thought it might help someone in the future.

The Early Years Foundation Stage does not allow you to care for more than two babies under one. If you wish to do this, you must work with an assistant or another childminder.

:(

Obviously i am disappointed as this lady with twins will find it difficult to find 2 spaces with a Childminder and will probably need to use a nursery. It is only because I am going on Maternity leave that I will have space for 2 on the same days...oh well.

suzyblue
06-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Could you register for husband as an assistant? Seems a shame as you've said.