PDA

View Full Version : sudden panic - need help with fees

VINASOL
05-07-2010, 02:51 PM
hi - i've managed to leave things to the last minute so sorry but can anyone help me with fees.

I'm going to charge £3.75 an hour, but have a parent coming with a 3 year old who will attend nursery from 12.30 until 3.30. Do I still charge her for the £3.75 per hour (as I will be contact during that time), or do I charge half that?

Any help most welcome.

Thank You.xxx

amirose
05-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I would charge full fee as she will require the space held for emergencies and holidays :thumbsup:

mama2three
You will find that most of us charge full whilst they are at nursery honey :)

huggableshelly
I wouldnt charge BUT

if you are taking the child and picking up too then charge your usual fee, that is what most do in the forum

AnnieM
I have always charged full fee if I take and collect from nursery and am responsible for them if the nursery were closed for any reason.

youarewhatyoueat
05-07-2010, 02:58 PM
You can charge what you like, its your business, but make sure you have it all written down and everyone understands what they are paying for.
If you are dropping off and picking up from playgroup then yes I would charge full fee.
Everyone charges differently why not work out the difference for a weeks fees so you can see the difference if you charge in a different way, when its all written down its easier to see how much you stand to lose if you don't charge. hope that makes sense.

Ali56
05-07-2010, 03:41 PM
i charge full fee too-if you are responsible for the child then you cant fill the space, so you should charge. i have one mum who refuses to pay so i have filled the space and he has to do breakfast club at pre-school once a week now. its a shame, but i have a business to run and i dont really want unfilled spaces:(

ali x

oneofeach
05-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Its up to you.

I have only been in this situation once and it was only 1 day/week so I didnt charge. Saying that I am pathetic when it comes to fees and should toughen up:blush:

What are other CM's in your area doing?

VINASOL
05-07-2010, 05:24 PM
thanks...lady came by and was really nice and my ds and dd got on really well with her son...

...so she will drop son off to nursery in morning and i collect him from 11.30 until 5pm 3 days a week.

So I assume that as I'm not dropping him off it'd charge an hourly rate?

He's a lovely little boy but I'm thinking that part-time 3 days a week may not be enough for me financially as I can only care for 2 under 5 due to my own kids and size of house.

what do you think?

Ripeberry
05-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I would charge an hourly rate as until 11.30am you are not contracted to have him, so if nursery was closed then the parent would have to make arrangements.
If the parent works miles away then I would charge for the time the child was at nursery as it would be a long way to come back.
It's up to you in the end, but if she needs you to be available when the child is at nursery, then she should pay the full day.

suzyblue
06-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Also will she need you in the holidays? If possible I would be inclined to charge a bit more to keep the all day space open for the holidays. You could charge for the day or charge a retainer for the morning hours.