PDA

View Full Version : oops

hollyoaksmad
05-07-2010, 08:37 AM
didnt realise foxgloves plants were poisonous what do you guys do cuz they look so preety do u just say supervision etc

sonia ann
05-07-2010, 08:44 AM
I would not have them in a garden with children............digitalis comes from foxgloves (used in heart medication)..............too high risk in my opinion

Tink
05-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I would suggest you get rid of them now. You cannot watch children 24/7 and it is definately not worth the risk

sarah707
05-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Foxgloves are not safe in a garden with children. You would never be able to relax.

http://www.safekids.co.uk/HarmfulToxicPlantsChildren.html

Hth :D

mama2three
05-07-2010, 11:18 AM
It must be difficult , its your mums garden isnt it? unfortunately they are extremely poisonous , will she be ok with digging them up?

sweets
05-07-2010, 12:12 PM
if you look it up nearly every plant in your garden is poisonous! i have foxgloves and i cut them down before my last inspection, when i told the inspector she said there had been no need, just risk assess them and supervise children and teach them not to eat plants.

i took this off the above website :

Before you panic and rush off to convert your garden into a Japanese art form of stones and water, keep things in perspective. Research has shown the risk of harm from plant poisons is low - less than one in 10 million, or about the same as the chance of winning the lottery or being struck by lightning. Why not start a weekly walk with your children to show them the beauties and the beasts in your garden?

if you want your mindees to play out unsurpervised then get rid of all your plants but if you are out there with them then there really is no need.

hollyoaksmad
05-07-2010, 07:25 PM
heya yer its my mums garden :) we have the gardener coming on thur to dig them up its beta to be safe than sorry but yes risk assessment etc the thing is the plants are right in sight of children and easy accessible.

if they kick a footy on them that wud be 2 easy :(

miffy
05-07-2010, 07:28 PM
heya yer its my mums garden :) we have the gardener coming on thur to dig them up its beta to be safe than sorry but yes risk assessment etc the thing is the plants are right in sight of children and easy accessible.

if they kick a footy on them that wud be 2 easy :(

Sad that they have to go but definitely not worth the risk!

Miffy xx