PDA

View Full Version : Another summer question

snufflepuff
04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Im having trouble thinking of things to do over the summer. I'll have 3 one year olds on a Monday, and 2 one year olds on a Wednesday and Friday. Plus a 5 year old 4 days a week for part of the holidays. I really don't know what to do that will entertain both the age ranges. It needs to be free or cheap too because i don't have to money to pay for things myself and i know the parents wouldn't be happy about me asking for money too often. The one year olds are both here 8.30-3.30 so i can't do anything that requires a long day.
Theres a few soft play centres nearby, some lovely parks, and butterfly world. But thats all i can think of.
Im in Wiltshire if that helps!

miss mopple
04-07-2010, 09:08 PM
check out local libraries and museums as they often have free stuff going on

trips to parks, maybe a teddy bears picnic, woods if you have some near, bug hunting, lots of crafts, paddling pool ect would all go down well Im sure

miffy
04-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Do you know other childminders you can get together with for outings or just visiting one anothers homes?

Have you checked out your local library - ours is putting on activities once a week on a space theme this year and storytime for the little ones on another afternoon

Netmums has local events advertised - there might be play days organised by the council - these are often free.

Google what's on in your area.

Miffy xx

Carpet Monkeys
04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Do you get an Out n About book kind of thing from the local school with all the events going on in the area. How about Den building the older ones to build it for the little ones to play in.

snufflepuff
05-07-2010, 08:04 AM
I checked at the library and theres no posters up yet, im sure they will do something though.
I like the idea of teddy bears picnic....in a park though, id never be able to negotiate the woods with the double buggy, hehe!
Theres a few farms that are not too far away so i can try those.
My DP has holiday to take so he can help me out......hes much better with driving, i get nervous driving to places im not familiar with!

Ali56
05-07-2010, 08:41 AM
i was wondering roughly where in wiltshire-i live in north wilts and there are lots of things to do that are free-altho with 3 one year olds i do agree you havr your work cut out! having theme days at home which the older ones can get involved with planning and the little ones can join in with is fun, and meeting up at the park (we have a few enclosed ones near us and so are very lucky) with other minders is a good idea :)

Ali x

The Juggler
05-07-2010, 01:10 PM
do your local authority organise play on the move (a group of volunteers and equipment that visit different parks every day).

Also our cc organises gruop meets in the local parks.

I do lots of free city farms, bus trips to larger parks with more interesting things today (pets corners etc), library, museums.

youarewhatyoueat
05-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Definately find out about any childminding groups and check the children centres out as our are running the normal stay and play sessions over the hols but they have to be pre booked.
I could not survive without my children centre, its my second home!!