PDA

View Full Version : Summer Holidays- Days Out- what have you got planned?

Monkey1
04-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Was just thinking that it would be nice to meet with some members during the looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg 6 weeks hol and i was wondering what day trips you have planned?
We are thinking about:-
Wonderland (Telford)
Hoo Farm (Telford)
RAF Cosford
West Midlands Safari Park
Chester Zoo
Cardingmill Valley (Church Stretton)
Barmouth Beach

anyone else up for any of the above?

sarah707
04-07-2010, 07:55 PM
We have Chester zoo on our list of things to do!

we will be working on our timetable next week but it will be very flexible :D

miss mopple
04-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Im busy plannning our trips tonight. We're too far away for meeting you though as Im in Hampsire. So far I mostly have tiddly ones and not many schoolies which is fab. Im really looking forward to making it as fun as I can for my girls as my baby starts school in September so I want her to have a summer to remember :D

Hebs
04-07-2010, 08:25 PM
:laughing: :laughing:

this...............

JULY
27th – Discovery Museum
30th – Beach *weather permitting
AUGUST
2nd – Penshaw Monument
3rd – Tommy’s party
5th – Fire Station
6th – Saltwell Park
9th – Angel of the North
10th – Tommy’s Party
11th – Vets visit (inc newspaper reporter)
12th – Tommy’s Party
13th – Police Visit *to be confirmed
16th – Saltwell Park
17th– Tommy’s Party
18th – Paramedics Visit * to be confirmed
19th – Tommy’s Party
20th – Hancock Museum
23rd – Stephenson Railway Museum
24th – Tommy’s Party
25th – Tyne Bridge, Millennium Bridge
26th – Tommy’s party
27th – Beach *weather permitting
31st – Soft Play
SEPTEMBER
1st - Farm
2nd – Bouncy Castle Fun Day
3rd – Free play

:D :D :D :D :D
and they are ALL FREE :clapping:

miss mopple
04-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Blimey Hebs- book me in, I wanna come and play :laughing:

Hebs
04-07-2010, 08:33 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i want to get out and about as much as possible :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
04-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Geez Tommy is a lucky boy how many parties does he need????

Hebs
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Geez Tommy is a lucky boy how many parties does he need????

:laughing: :laughing:

He is actually my old boss :clapping:

free kids entertainment twice a week in august down at the sea front, and it's on for 3 hours :D

some info here

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/south-shields-news?articleid=3095633

tulip0803
04-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Lots of visits to New Quay there is a mum and newborn dolphin playing round the harbour:clapping:

Folly Farm (farm/zoo)

local Museum

Dolacothi goldmines

Llanachareon (sp) (nat trust property & farm

Local farm

Dinefwr (castle & house & deer park NT)

Kidwelly castle

Tenby beach by train

Llansteffan beach & castle

However not sure who I have got coming when so can't pick dates yet as can't do the castles with the babies - imagine bumping the pushchair or double:eek: up turret stairs:laughing:

miffy
04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
You ladies put me to shame - I haven't planned anything yet! :panic:

Summer hols are still three weeks away - we have end of term, sports day, summer fair, leaving assembly, graduation assembly, open day, disco etc to get through first! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
04-07-2010, 09:02 PM
:panic: ekk I haven't even thought about summer hols yet!

Am only working up until Friday 13th:eek: then start back on 1st Sept:D yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cher25
04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Hebs did the planning for me! lol. :thumbsup:
I cant wait till the summer. Kids had better not say they are bored.

miffy
04-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Am only working up until Friday 13th:eek: then start back on 1st Sept:D yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You can go off people you know! :p

What, noooooooooooooooo, of course I'm not jealous :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
04-07-2010, 09:07 PM
I lied I start back on 2nd Sept:clapping: the day they all go back to school:clapping:

Awww Miffy:( I am getting all my days in this year (April-March) for the first time ever:) its only 12 days of my contracted 30:D

miffy
04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I lied I start back on 2nd Sept:clapping: the day they all go back to school:clapping:

Now you're just rubbing it in! :p

Seriously, have a fab summer and enjoy the time with your own children :)

Miffy xx

Hebs
04-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Hebs did the planning for me! lol. :thumbsup:
I cant wait till the summer. Kids had better not say they are bored.

Thats not entirly true!

And we're gonna have a blast x

AnnieM
05-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Well some of mine have already broken up for 9 LONG weeks. We have already done play centre and Clumber Park with bikes and a picnic, with a nanny friend and her children who are also good friends of my mindees so that was a good day. :) I have also planned Woollaton Hall and Park, Weston Park and Museum, Clifton Park, Graves Park, Sherwood Forest, Sherwood Pines and Clumber Park again. I have a few bigger trips planned but they are the pay for ones, Sundown Adventureland, Monkey Forest, Magna (rainy day trip), The Deep (another rainy day trip), Soft Play (again rainy day visit), Carsington Water, Conkers. If anyone knows of anything free or cheap in the Chesterfield, Mansfield, or Sheffield areas please let me know as I get fed up of going to the same places over and over again. :rolleyes:

wendy222
05-07-2010, 08:24 AM
hi im in sheffield there heeley farm, millhouse park got a new water thing not been yet thou,there lots of soft play places, play zone, pirate ship monkey buisnz if i think of any more will let u u anniem

AnnieM
05-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Thank you. I was going to try Millhouses Park after passing it on the train on the way to Manchester the other month, it looks good. :thumbsup: Will google Heeley Farm, not heard of it before. :) Where is the Pirate Ship play centre? Won't go to Monkey business, it's too expensive, but if anyone is Mansfield way the new Jango's play centre does discounts for childminders term time only though. :thumbsup:

wendy222
05-07-2010, 10:50 AM
its on baxter road sheffield 61jf there number is 01142348844 hope that helps :thumbsup:

christine e
05-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Well some of mine have already broken up for 9 LONG weeks. We have already done play centre and Clumber Park with bikes and a picnic, with a nanny friend and her children who are also good friends of my mindees so that was a good day. :) I have also planned Woollaton Hall and Park, Weston Park and Museum, Clifton Park, Graves Park, Sherwood Forest, Sherwood Pines and Clumber Park again. I have a few bigger trips planned but they are the pay for ones, Sundown Adventureland, Monkey Forest, Magna (rainy day trip), The Deep (another rainy day trip), Soft Play (again rainy day visit), Carsington Water, Conkers. If anyone knows of anything free or cheap in the Chesterfield, Mansfield, or Sheffield areas please let m
e know as I get fed up of going to the same places over and over again. :rolleyes:

Willow Tree Farm in Shirebrook is cheap

http://www.willowtree-farm.co.uk/

Also Mansfield Play Forum have a big Play Day on 5th Aug (I'm on holiday so will miss it) and they also have sessions throughout the hols in various local parkshttp://www.mansfieldplayforum.co.uk/ look under play day and play rangers

Cx

mama2three
05-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Well some of mine have already broken up for 9 LONG weeks. We have already done play centre and Clumber Park with bikes and a picnic, with a nanny friend and her children who are also good friends of my mindees so that was a good day. :) I have also planned Woollaton Hall and Park, Weston Park and Museum, Clifton Park, Graves Park, Sherwood Forest, Sherwood Pines and Clumber Park again. I have a few bigger trips planned but they are the pay for ones, Sundown Adventureland, Monkey Forest, Magna (rainy day trip), The Deep (another rainy day trip), Soft Play (again rainy day visit), Carsington Water, Conkers. If anyone knows of anything free or cheap in the Chesterfield, Mansfield, or Sheffield areas please let me know as I get fed up of going to the same places over and over again. :rolleyes:

Theres usually a lovely day at carr bank park in the summer , surestart have loads of different activities going on , will find out the date for you if i can.
If youre heading for sherwood / rufford etc let me know , Im nearby. Im planning a trip to matlock too hopefully , not been before but I hear theres lots to do - park , paddling pool etc.

christine e
05-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Theres usually a lovely day at carr bank park in the summer , surestart have loads of different activities going on , will find out the date for you if i can.
If youre heading for sherwood / rufford etc let me know , Im nearby. Im planning a trip to matlock too hopefully , not been before but I hear theres lots to do - park , paddling pool etc.

Beat you to it Kath :laughing: it's Thursday 5th August!

Cx

AnnieM
05-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Wow thanks, off to get my diary out and do some juggling around. Will definitely do the play day. Will let you know when we plan sherwood forest. Forgot about rufford so will go there too. :)

teacake2
05-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Got no transport so will only be doing things locally especially with one in a wheelchair, so local parks, castle,go and watch the trains, see the fire engines and hopefully lots of play in the garden.
Teacake2

AnnieM
05-07-2010, 02:49 PM
We have just got back from a brand new park that opened about 2 miles away. It was fantastic, we spent over 2 hours there which is normally unheard of as they are usually bored after about 20 minutes. Will definitely be going there again. :thumbsup: got little ones tomorrow who are at nursery so not going out far, but Wednesday we are going to Clifton park. Thursday lo's again Friday we are going to sherwood pines for the afternoon once lo is in nursery.

Hebs
05-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Got no transport so will only be doing things locally especially with one in a wheelchair, so local parks, castle,go and watch the trains, see the fire engines and hopefully lots of play in the garden.
Teacake2

We can get to our trips using public transport, have no choice as i have too many for the car :laughing:

tinkerbelle
05-07-2010, 03:17 PM

id be really interested in this as im from chesterfield as well x

AnnieM
05-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Whereabouts in chesterfield are you?

jumpinjen
05-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Barmouth Beach

anyone else up for any of the above?

Definately up for a day at the beach but how long does it take to get there from our part of the world, Monkey?

Jenx

ajs
05-07-2010, 05:18 PM

rother valley country park

if you're out and about in mansfield or shffield let me know and i may be able to meet up

hebs what's there to do at the angel of the north i have stood and looked at it on the grass but there was noghting to do other than look at it

Hebs
05-07-2010, 05:31 PM
rother valley country park

if you're out and about in mansfield or shffield let me know and i may be able to meet up

hebs what's there to do at the angel of the north i have stood and looked at it on the grass but there was noghting to do other than look at it

picnic :D :D

Monkey1
05-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Definately up for a day at the beach but how long does it take to get there from our part of the world, Monkey?

Jenx

It takes about 1 3/4 hours. Fantastic beach though! Was thinking of going this friday but the radiator on the car is playing up, so we have to have it booked in first!

babs
05-07-2010, 07:34 PM
im up for chester zoo... had got a bit planned at local sure start but now ive taken on 2 older ones 10 and 13 cant go to sure start. so going insane trying to work other stuff in. chester zoo was on my plan and im flexible on that one...

ajs
05-07-2010, 07:34 PM

of course and it's good for climbing on too

miffy
05-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Wow thanks, off to get my diary out and do some juggling around. Will definitely do the play day. Will let you know when we plan sherwood forest. Forgot about rufford so will go there too. :)

Don't forget the Robin Hood festival - think it begins 2nd August for the week - lots of entertainment, all free just £5 to park the car.

Miffy xx

miffy
05-07-2010, 08:30 PM

Won't you get trampled on by all the other tourists? :panic:

Miffy xx

Hebs
05-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Won't you get trampled on by all the other tourists? :panic:

Miffy xx

nah the novelty has worn off now :laughing:

lucky if there is 10 people there at any one time :panic: and the field around it is pretty big :D

wendy222
05-07-2010, 08:54 PM
can i get 2 robin hood on a bus from sheffield does anyone no thanks :thumbsup:

miffy
05-07-2010, 08:59 PM

I don't know if you can get there directly - you might have to go to Mansfield and change

Here's a link to the official website

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/robinhoodfestival

Miffy xx

TammyN
05-07-2010, 09:03 PM

Summer hols are still three weeks away - we have end of term, sports day, summer fair, leaving assembly, graduation assembly, open day, disco etc to get through first! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Miffy your month sounds like mine :laughing:
i will be going to Chester Zoo tho, would happily meet up pm me when a date is sorted, as Sarah said i am also very flexible atm, the children plan most of our activities/events.

christine e
06-07-2010, 05:44 AM

I would get the train from Sheffield to worksop then bus from Worksop to Edwinstowe High Street, found this bus timetable below
http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/sherwoodarrow.pdf

Cx

AnnieM
06-07-2010, 07:17 AM
That was exactly what I was just about to suggest. :thumbsup:

angeldelight
06-07-2010, 07:22 AM

Miffy xx

Same here ha

Wish we lived near to the beach though

Angel xx