PDA

View Full Version : is this everything?

snufflepuff
04-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Ofsted will be here next week so i've got all my paperwork out ready, i just wanted to check i haven't forgotten anything
contracts/ child records/ permission forms
planning
attendance registers
RAs
SEF
questionnaires and letters from parents
policies folder
portfolio
learning journals
continuous provision plans
accident forms

Also, i usually keep it all in the playroom which would be fine for most of the week, but on a monday we dont tend to go up there (because i have 2 LOs who cannot walk so it wouldnt be safe to get them out quickly in an emergency) so i've bought my paperwork down and found space for it in the lounge.....will this be ok? We are usually in there or the kitchen so i thought i could just tell her that she can bring bits and pieces through to the kitchen when we go in there.

moogster1a
04-07-2010, 05:57 PM
first aid certificate?
car insurance

snufflepuff
04-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Yep those are both in my portfolio

judisteve
04-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Registration certificate displayed "so they don't have to hunt for it" is the quote I was given by Ofsted when asked if displaying it on the wall going up the stairs was ok!!! Also I assume your public liability is in your portfolio?

I assume your learning journeys are your observations? I have heard (haven't had an inspection yet) that they like to see links between the plans and obs to show that the planning is based on each child's developmental stage and interest. Also linking it all to the EYFS.

They like the contract/permission/information sheet to be kept securely - ie locked away so you might have to tell her where you usually lock it away when it isn't brought down for her to read!!!

These are all things I've heard from minders who have recently had inspections - others might have had different experiences?

Hope it goes ok!

snufflepuff
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Thank you, got all the things you mention sorted......child records in locked filing box, public liability in portfolio, observations in LJs
Think im on the right track!