PDA

View Full Version : My breadmaker

crazybones
31-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I bought this on Saturday in Tesco £24.99 but I had a voucher for £7.50. Hubby says it is one of my 5 minute wonders but I priced the bread and then priced a pre-mix packet Bread 1.09 packet - 55p = saving me 54p. See I am good at maths. :laughing: Anyway I have turned it on and we will see in 3 hours what the outcome is. I am hoping as I get used to it I will be able to use the "proper" ingredient and this will save me more. Also I can promote it as a good point for my business, along with the fresh veggies I am going to attempt to grow. If I get the chickens I will be just like that woman in "The Good Life". :laughing:

angeldelight
31-03-2008, 10:05 AM
We had a thread about breakmakers in the forum last year

I wanted one then and asked lots of advice about them but I still have not got one

I would love one though but bit unsure if I would use it after the first few times like I do with most gadgets that I buy

Angel xx

Pauline
31-03-2008, 10:40 AM
We love ours and the kids love the bread - they even eat wholemeal!!

I would use the proper ingredients if I were you once you've got used to it, then you know exactly what is in it.

We also make fruit breads

oh and dough for Naan bread and dough for French bread, then bake them in the oven to finish off. Yummy

Trouble it it gets eaten sooooo quickly :)

Delly
31-03-2008, 12:03 PM
i love my bread maker its fab! the smell it makes throughout the house is amazing, I usually time mine so it starts cooking in a morning, so when we get up we have fresh warm bread.

What a lovely start to the day... :)

(not great for the diet though.....!!!:blush:

crazybones
31-03-2008, 12:05 PM
just asked my son to look at how the dough had grown in the breadmaker. He said Oh Yeah Looked before when I opened the lid :angry: Dont know how it will turn out now.

Rubybubbles
31-03-2008, 02:17 PM
oh I love my breadmaker, but have put it away due to trying to diet, I just can't stick to one slice of bread!

At the weekends, I often do some homemade soup, with HM rolls doing the dough in the BM the smell is just gorgeous

How did it turn out in the end??

littlesprogs
31-03-2008, 02:22 PM
I have a breadmaker i've had since last january and have used it 3 times and only once the bread has turned out fine cant work out what went wrong the other times i followed the instructions but it came out rock solid lol.

will maybe try again some time soon.

The bread that turned out ok was scrummy though!!

charleyfarley
31-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Breadmaker is one of the many gadgets we have in our house.

Hubby moaned to get one, so I gave in and in the beginning he was very good and used it quite alot.

Since moving to this house it hasn't seen the light of day except when we unpacked it and put it in the cupboard, oh we've been here almost 3 years

The bread rolls are lovely and also the pizza base.

Daren't get it out now we've started our diet again.

Hope your bread is worth the wait.

Carol xx

ma7ie
31-03-2008, 02:24 PM
I've got a breadmaker too and it's one of the best gadgets I've bought. It's especially good for making dough for pizza and calzone.

I've experimented putting all sorts of flavourings in too, like garlic, sun dried tomatoes, olives and herbs and never had a bad loaf yet. :D

aly
31-03-2008, 02:50 PM
we love ours!!
I thought our first go would be a no-go but it was a pefect loaf and has been since.

We did try the rapid one but it was naff, it was really heavy and unusable .

speaking of which, i must start another oner today ;)

bought ours in lidl and it has th jam setting too:p

crazybones
31-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Well the bread came out. The kids have devoured it. I am supposed to be being good and I only had one half slice and I am pleased to say it was gorgeous. Been to the shops and bought the proper ingredients so hopefully I can do one tomorrow without it being a ready mix. :clapping:

Tatia
31-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I want one! I love to bake fresh bread but just don't have the time. With a bread machine, I'd do it all and we wouldn't have to buy the preservative-laden junk from the shops any more.

Is it a pain to clean, though?

angeldelight
31-03-2008, 04:05 PM
I want one also ha

Sounds great

Which is the best make to have though they all look the same but are so different in prices

Angel xx

crazybones
31-03-2008, 04:50 PM
I want one! I love to bake fresh bread but just don't have the time. With a bread machine, I'd do it all and we wouldn't have to buy the preservative-laden junk from the shops any more.

Is it a pain to clean, though?

Well bearing in mind I have only used it once and nothing was burned, it was very easy to clean. There was only a little bread left on the paddles and I just dropped the pan and paddles in soapy water and didnt even have to scrub. Its all ready for tomorrow.

sarah32
31-03-2008, 05:32 PM
We've had one for about a year now, hubby wanted one and gave in, thought it would just be another gadget that he would get bored off and end up in a cupboard like all the rest.:mad:

Must admit we dont use it as often as we should. We use to make a loaf a week but I stopped eating it as putting on weight and it was too much for hubby. My kids didnt like it much.

We do it mostly at weekends and have for lunch with soup. Lovely.:)

kerineve
31-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I have lost my recipe booklet for my breadmaker so am unable to use it just now:eek: , any1 tell me any of their recipes please?:blush:

crazybones
31-03-2008, 06:18 PM
I have lost my recipe booklet for my breadmaker so am unable to use it just now:eek: , any1 tell me any of their recipes please?:blush:

Ive just found this.
http://www.carrsbreadmaker.info/recipes/index.html. I am sure there are loads more sites.

crazybones
31-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Wow - my kind of bread recipe

http://www.carrsbreadmaker.info/recipes/recipe_smoked_paprika_loaf.html

kerineve
31-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Thank you so much:clapping: I am going to try this tommorrow.

Trouble
31-03-2008, 07:13 PM
i had a breadmaker but MIL nicked it from us so never got to use it

louise
31-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh im tempted now. We are going through loads of bread at mo. Ds keeps asking how breads made i tried by hand and it turned out okish. Which one would you recommend? Another thing to take worksurface up.

Lou

crazybones
31-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Oh im tempted now. We are going through loads of bread at mo. Ds keeps asking how breads made i tried by hand and it turned out okish. Which one would you recommend? Another thing to take worksurface up.

Lou

Dont ask me to recommend.:panic: I just bought it because I saw it on the shelf in Tesco and thought :idea: Mine was £25 but I didnt do any research into the best buy. Just spur of the moment.

louise
31-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Just mentioned it to hubbie he thinks it'll be more expensive. Yet he wants hes own loaf to cut thick each week. Some how we get through 4 a week yet we still have different things for lunch. Thats 3 of us and 1 mindee 3 days a week.
Can you do one like best of both? I really don't like brown hubbie dosent like white(mind you neither do i now unless its a bacon sandwich) so we get that.

Lou

crazybones
31-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Just mentioned it to hubbie he thinks it'll be more expensive. Yet he wants hes own loaf to cut thick each week. Some how we get through 4 a week yet we still have different things for lunch. Thats 3 of us and 1 mindee 3 days a week.
Can you do one like best of both? I really don't like brown hubbie dosent like white(mind you neither do i now unless its a bacon sandwich) so we get that.

Lou

You could do one of each. The ready mix packets are 55p in Tesco (75 p in Sainburys :eek: )

manjay
31-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I am a bit of a researcher before I buy things and I usually end up with the most expensive:eek: I usually make a 75% wholemeal, 25% white loaf as have found it tastes the nicest. Mine is a Panasonic

amanda xx

Rach30
31-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Hello , I bought a bread maker today and its awesome !!! was so excited waiting for the bread to come out and it tasted lovely . Only prob was the loaf was quite small and we've eaten it lol . It has a timer on it so i will set it before i go to bed and hopefully be woken bu the smell of freash bread. Mine was the cookworks one from argos , £23.99 . It even makes jam !!! cant wait to try that. :D

miffy
04-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Hmmm now I want one but am not sure if it would be a five minute wonder

What do you think?

miffy xx

crazybones
04-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Hmmm now I want one but am not sure if it would be a five minute wonder

What do you think?

miffy xx

I am still loving it after a week and hubby said his bacon butty was the best ever this morning. That was the first loaf I have made from scratch.

Donkey
20-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I love mine, I did loads of research first, i was going to go for the worral thompson one, but reviews said it was pants.

I went for a panasonic sd-255, it was the best money I have spent, the bread is lush and so easy to make. its rrp is £99 so not cheap, but i managed to get a brand new one off ebay for £50 (i think it was a store return, but everything was still in its packaging on the inside, the box just looked a little battered.
it has loads of recipes in the instructions and I am going to make lots of different breads, take pictures of it and make a recipe book, that way mindees get to choose which bread they want

crazybones
20-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I love mine, I did loads of research first, i was going to go for the worral thompson one, but reviews said it was pants.

I went for a panasonic sd-255, it was the best money I have spent, the bread is lush and so easy to make. its rrp is £99 so not cheap, but i managed to get a brand new one off ebay for £50 (i think it was a store return, but everything was still in its packaging on the inside, the box just looked a little battered.
it has loads of recipes in the instructions and I am going to make lots of different breads, take pictures of it and make a recipe book, that way mindees get to choose which bread they want

What a good idea. :thumbsup:

Donkey
20-04-2008, 12:05 PM
its a rare occurence, but sometimes I come out with a gem.

nothing at all do to with wanting to try all the recipes of course :rolleyes:

polobear1970
20-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Ive just found this.
http://www.carrsbreadmaker.info/recipes/index.html. I am sure there are loads more sites.

Hi Annie, thanks for that i've had a breadmaker for a couple of years now, but have used for quite a while, and some of the recipes look good so it looks like i'm going to have to get mine out again

Lisa :jump for joy:

miffy
20-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I love the idea flutterbyes - now all I need is the breadmaker :laughing:

miffy xx

Donkey
20-04-2008, 01:26 PM
lol, i cant recommend the panasonic one highly enough, its just the steep price tag!

manjay
20-04-2008, 01:29 PM
lol, i cant recommend the panasonic one highly enough, its just the steep price tag!

That's the one I have and it's fab. Worth every penny to me