PDA

View Full Version : Development officer

snufflepuff
03-07-2010, 09:32 PM
What are they supposed to do? I have heard of people having them visit before thier pre-reg to offer advice and so on, and also before inpections are due. I know who mine is but she has never been in touch and i wouldn't know how to contact her. I met her once at a course but thats it, i wasn't aware at the time what her role was.
How might i find out how to contact her?
Its all a bit too late now because ofsted are coming next week......but it would be nice to know that if i ever need some help i can ask her!

Playmate
03-07-2010, 10:06 PM
To be honest the role ofthe CDO varies from area to area. They are funded by the Local Authority and therefore their remit will vary according to each LA.some are employed by NCMA funded by LA and others are employed direct by LA's. Their role and job description can change from year to year. In some areas there are quite a few covering small areas and others only have one or two to cover a whole county. Obviously if you are in an area where there aren't many they won't be doing home visits. You should have been given contact details at your pre reg meeting or DHC course, if not contact your LA. Hth:D