PDA

View Full Version : Data protection

Straws
03-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi all,

I have just read in the local early years newsletter, that we need to register for data protection with the ICO, this is a section of what is wrote.

Following communication with the ICO we can confirm that if photo's of children are taken with a digital camera notification is required; the card in the camera is an electronic device. Even if the photo's are not stored on a computer but printed off by the childminder or by a third party i.e. at a shop this is still electronic processing and the data still belongs to the childminder.

Please note if photographs are taken and kept within the camera and not processed in any way, registration is still required as it has the potential to be processed.

Thats another £35 a year I gotta stump up:mad:

Straws xx

hollyoaksmad
03-07-2010, 07:17 PM
same here i think it stupid do those who have pogo printers have to?x
ofsted comin 2 weeks wil they question me

Blue Boy
03-07-2010, 07:42 PM
We registered as we store photos on our computer, but it does not only relate to photos. Any information stored on your computer needs to be protected. It was one of the questions Ofsted asked us on our inspections.

hollyoaksmad
03-07-2010, 07:50 PM
I didnt get asked that question so i have to phone up and pay then

sarah707
03-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I have been talking about this here -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62148

It sounds like all LAs are informing childminders to pay up.

I am hopeful Christinee will get back to us with some helpful feedback from the NCMA :D