PDA

View Full Version : tracking grids!!

naomiesian
03-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Does anybody use them?
I have been advised by my development worker to use them and she has sent me some, they look ok, easy to use and my plan is to use them along side my daily diary and my learning journey book containing planning and obs, just not sure if Im just making more paperwork for myself!

sarah707
03-07-2010, 12:37 PM
You need to show how children's learning and development is progressing.

You can do that in many different way including various tracking grids that are on the market.

What you need to be careful of is just ticking to say a child has achieved something.

Instead you need to back it up with a comment or obs or note from parents or photo etc.

Hth :D

Shar
03-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I have used QED Trackers in the past, they seemed a good idea but Ofsted do not like them. Used alongside other methods should be ok.

naomiesian
03-07-2010, 06:33 PM
You need to show how children's learning and development is progressing.

You can do that in many different way including various tracking grids that are on the market.

What you need to be careful of is just ticking to say a child has achieved something.

Instead you need to back it up with a comment or obs or note from parents or photo etc.

Hth :D

I was told by my development worker to highlight the area as they acheive them, and they should be updated 3 times a year.
My plan was to give one a try, it will go in with the childs observation and planning and that way I will have evidence of how he/she has acheived it, hope that makes sense?
I will get the hang of all this paperwork one day (I hope) :blush:

sarah707
03-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes the most important thing is to back up everything with evidence.

You can use evidence from your obs, the child, other settings, parents etc...

Ofsted don't like anything that looks ticked / highlighted etc unless there is something somewhere to show why you have made the decision the child can do it. :D

Donkey
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM
what I do is this...

I have the tracking book/developmental record at the front...

then I have a section for observations at the back. each observation a4 page/drawing/picture has a number at the top of the page and each individual observation is dated.

e.g on the page could be 6 photos. each is dated with what the child is doing underneath. at the top of the page in the right hand corner will be the sheet number e.g ob24

then when I go back to the traking grid I write the date the child did it, then in the comments box I write ob24 so when someone looks to see the evidence they flick through the obs sheets to find ob24 as they are in numerical order and the evidence to back up the ob is easilyfound

WibbleWobble
12-07-2010, 10:40 AM
in the download section i have devised a tracker for each age group. there is space to write your evidence to fulfill that criteria. I use it in conjunction with my learning journals....everything is cross referenced

eg an observation on A talking to her dollies and making them better on 1st july 2010

i would write this ob in the journal then find it on this sheet and write something like

Nursing dollies 1/7/10

Doing it this way ensures i know where each child is up to, whether there are any gaps etc

Mrs O loved it

mandy xxxxx

Pipsqueak
12-07-2010, 10:44 AM
what I have is a free download of the development matters grids and I highlight off the childs acheivements and link them to an observation where possible.
I put the grids in the front of the journal.

mama2three
12-07-2010, 12:09 PM
what I have is a free download of the development matters grids and I highlight off the childs acheivements and link them to an observation where possible.
I put the grids in the front of the journal.

This is what i do too:)

Pixie dust
14-10-2010, 12:43 PM
what I have is a free download of the development matters grids

Please could you tell me where you downloaded the grids from as I am looking to use something like this alongside what I do know so it's easier for me to keep track at where they are at.
Thanks

Pixie dust

curlycathy
14-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Oooh Pip I think you are my soulmate - thats what I do too!!!! I also give them to parents to highlight as well cos I don't have any full-timers.

Got the development grids off the forum - was it in the downloads section? Resources? Also got some fab obs and planning sheets - in the shape of flowers, caterpillars etc. Think they were devised by a Sonia (whoever you are I love you too!) The children love choosing them to go in their journals, the parents love them and I love them cos they're easy to fill in, make sense and look pretty!

Hthx

jojobabe1
13-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Oooh Pip I think you are my soulmate - thats what I do too!!!! I also give them to parents to highlight as well cos I don't have any full-timers.

Got the development grids off the forum - was it in the downloads section? Resources? Also got some fab obs and planning sheets - in the shape of flowers, caterpillars etc. Think they were devised by a Sonia (whoever you are I love you too!) The children love choosing them to go in their journals, the parents love them and I love them cos they're easy to fill in, make sense and look pretty!

Hthx

hello, this is my first time on here, im trying to find the tracking grids & having no luck, i looked in the resourses, free downloads but i cant find them, my head is exploding with all the paperwork, please help

sarah707
13-11-2010, 03:58 PM
hello, this is my first time on here, im trying to find the tracking grids & having no luck, i looked in the resourses, free downloads but i cant find them, my head is exploding with all the paperwork, please help

Welcome to the forum!

As a new member you are limited to what you can see as explained in this post -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38984

Once you have been around for a while and got to know us a little better you will be able to access other areas of the forum.

I hope you are enjoying the forum! :D

KimW
13-11-2010, 11:32 PM
what I do is this...

I have the tracking book/developmental record at the front...

then I have a section for observations at the back. each observation a4 page/drawing/picture has a number at the top of the page and each individual observation is dated.

e.g on the page could be 6 photos. each is dated with what the child is doing underneath. at the top of the page in the right hand corner will be the sheet number e.g ob24

then when I go back to the traking grid I write the date the child did it, then in the comments box I write ob24 so when someone looks to see the evidence they flick through the obs sheets to find ob24 as they are in numerical order and the evidence to back up the ob is easilyfound

Yep...........i think that would work for me too!
Makes sense. Thanks! :clapping:

jojobabe1
14-11-2010, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;815576]Welcome to the forum!

As a new member you are limited to what you can see as explained in this post -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38984

Once you have been around for a while and got to know us a little better you will be able to access other areas of the forum.

I hope you are enjoying the forum! :D[/QUOTE
Thankyou, i am enjoying it , :)

mrs coops
15-11-2010, 09:24 AM
hi can anyone tell me where to get one of the tracking grids please?

CHUNKY MONKEY
16-11-2010, 11:44 AM
hi can anyone tell me where to get one of the tracking grids please?

Hello, if you go into free resources at the top of the page and then into downloads it is under EYFS Assessment Sheets (right side coloumn) I think that is what you are after :D