PDA

View Full Version : does anyone find this works?

emmaflossie
02-07-2010, 09:30 PM
i went to an introduction to the eyfs course yesterday, i was the only cm but i found it fab really help get things striaght in my head ... although still struggling converting the observation into the learning areas for recording.

but anyway the instructor gave me an idea of having a piece of paper on the wall for each child ... with thier name in the middle and then jot down for that week things that you observe ... then at end of the week use that for your planning for each child and fold it up and file away for your records.

they also told me that there is no longer any need to highlight great chunks for keeping track of the childs progress?? and gave me a form which will do that for me

angiemog
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
May work for some..... I have a notebook with a pen nearby at all times. I write my obs in and cross them off when I have written up properly. I wouldn't want extra bits of paper on my wall on top of everything else. x

Daftbat
03-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Sounds like a good idea for some people. The good thing about EYFS is that there is no right or wrong way to approach it - you find a system that works for you. You could use a note book for what you suggest - just use a different page for each child.

jumpinjen
03-07-2010, 11:30 AM
I have a clipboard with planning sheet for the week, my obs sheet for each child and any notes/anything else (usually an accident form too just ready!)

It follows me up the garden and is really easy for keeping up with obs and jotting planning ideas for the next day/week down without having to run to a wall! Once finished with (usually after a few weeks, I file them in folders/learning journeys)

Jenni:)

sandy64
03-07-2010, 11:36 AM
hi i have a sheet for the wk on my cupboard then jot any wow or obs on it then when i get time write it up as before i found i was forgetting some things by the time i had 5mins to write up but everyone does it there own way.:)