PDA

View Full Version : sef... when?

viki-kate
02-07-2010, 05:09 PM
hi all, iv been minding about 3 mnoths now and am expecting my first inspection pretty soon... when am i supposed to do / start / send the sef? thanks in advance.... :-)

samkeddy
02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi, im on with it at the moment ive been reg since feb, though only minding since march and they are coming to inspect me in 2 weeks (but im on hol all next week so running out of time) My advise is to start now because its taking me 1-2hrs per question, at least then you'll have the majority down and when you get the call you can just go through and update bits then send it, i wish id have started a long time ago!:D

Blue Boy
02-07-2010, 07:10 PM
You can start whenever you want. it is meant to be an on going process so dont worry if you have not finished it by the time of your inspection. It is well worth doing but you have to be honest. Dont put down that you do something if you dont. It could come back and bite yo on the bum:panic:

Good luck on the inspection, let us know how it goes.

Shirlwith3
03-07-2010, 07:47 AM
I have been minding 3yrs & have yet to fill mine out but then it came out after my last inspection 2 yrs ago.

I went on a course on Thursday night about filling it out, was told that it should be updated every year as things can change in a year.

viki-kate
11-07-2010, 12:50 PM
thanks all... best get cracking then!! :-)

angiemog
11-07-2010, 12:58 PM
I started mine as soon as I started minding. Although it did take a quite a few hours I found it really helped me fill in the gaps of what I wasn't doing. For example working in partnership with parents made me start a news letter and contact my mindee's nursery teacher. I did have it finished by my first inspection and Mrs O commented on a few things in it, for example, I said I was going to start a newsletter and she asked if I'd done which I had.
Everyone does have their own opinions regarding SEF but I found it helpful and helped me know what areas I was lacking in. Make sure you keep a to do list of things you need to do.
Good Luck x

karensmart4
11-07-2010, 03:09 PM
You can never start your SEF too soon. As long as you are seen to making a start on it OFSTED will be happy, you dont need to go mad and stay up all night to get it finished :eek:
I tried to log on and update mine and couldn't remember my log in details, I have them somewhere and I'm normally organised (no really I am, ha ha), I emailed OFSTED then a very friendly chap phoned me, asked me a few questions then said he will post me what I need...I felt sooo blonde but we ended up having a laugh about it.
The main thing is...Don't get stressed out about it, complete it in bite size pieces :D