PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with my answer to mum?

Tippy Toes
02-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi All

I have had an enquiry from a mum who wants afterschool care for her child who is 6, 3.20 - 4.20 three days a week. She also wants me to have child the same three days throughout the hols 8 - 4.

My rate per hour is £3.50 but recently I decided on minimum hours so working was worth my while - For example afterschool £7 (2 hrs fees) even if only having child for 1hr as I have just come out of a contract where I was having little one afterschool for an hr and getting paid £3.50 and really felt like I was being underpaid.

So I told parent this and also said minimum fee for a full day was £30.

She has emailed me back asking what hours these fees cover and Im just confused as to how to answer? I know this sounds stupid. But what should I say?

I feel like saying the £3.50 covers the hr I will have child, the other £3.50 cover me getting to the school to pick child up and waiting for child to finish school (my child finishes at 3 so will be waiting 20 mins)

Then hols fee would come to £28 but I am requesting £30 Min fee?

Please help thanks so much :clapping:

Hebs
02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
the fees cover the hours she has enquired about :D

Tippy Toes
02-07-2010, 12:10 PM
the fees cover the hours she has enquired about :D

Thanks Hebs, do you think its ok to say that? Thats what I want to say. :blush:

Mookins
02-07-2010, 12:13 PM
fees are as follows
minimum 2 hours charge per day contracted £7 for after school care per child
daily set fee of £30 per child

which includes anything else you include snacks meals etc if thats what you give x x

Hebs
02-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks Hebs, do you think its ok to say that? Thats what I want to say. :blush:

yeah, :thumbsup:

i chrge £10 for after school regardless of if they come for 30 mins or 3 hours :D
will not do school pick ups for anything less, just not worth it :panic:

so reply saying it is £xx term time
and £xxx for school holidays
for the number of days, and the hours she has requested x

Mouse
02-07-2010, 12:19 PM
What you've got to watch is that if you say you charge a minimum of 2 hours after school, some parents will leave their child with you for the full 2 hours just to get their money's worth!
I would say that you charge £7 for the first hour after school, £3.50 an hour after that. I know most childminders here charge extra for the first hour.

As for the achool hols, say it's £30 for 8am-4pm (don't specify a number of hours or again, they'll possibly leave the child with you longer than they need to!).

Tippy Toes
02-07-2010, 12:22 PM
What you've got to watch is that if you say you charge a minimum of 2 hours after school, some parents will leave their child with you for the full 2 hours just to get their money's worth!
I would say that you charge £7 for the first hour after school, £3.50 an hour after that. I know most childminders here charge extra for the first hour.

As for the achool hols, say it's £30 for 8am-4pm (don't specify a number of hours or again, they'll possibly leave the child with you longer than they need to!).

Thanks Mouse thats a great idea! :thumbsup:

The Juggler
02-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi All

I have had an enquiry from a mum who wants afterschool care for her child who is 6, 3.20 - 4.20 three days a week. She also wants me to have child the same three days throughout the hols 8 - 4.

My rate per hour is £3.50 but recently I decided on minimum hours so working was worth my while - For example afterschool £7 (2 hrs fees) even if only having child for 1hr as I have just come out of a contract where I was having little one afterschool for an hr and getting paid £3.50 and really felt like I was being underpaid.

So I told parent this and also said minimum fee for a full day was £30.

She has emailed me back asking what hours these fees cover and Im just confused as to how to answer? I know this sounds stupid. But what should I say?

I feel like saying the £3.50 covers the hr I will have child, the other £3.50 cover me getting to the school to pick child up and waiting for child to finish school (my child finishes at 3 so will be waiting 20 mins)

Then hols fee would come to £28 but I am requesting £30 Min fee?

Please help thanks so much :clapping:

Personally, for the sake of an early finish I would personally charge the £28 but otherwise, I'd tell her £30 is your miniumum fee. Your daily opening hours are 0800-1700 but that would cost her £31.50. And NO (should she ask) she can't bring child until 4.30pm as that's included in the £30, you only charge by the full hour. So child comes until 4pm for min. fee or 4.30pm or 5pm for £31.50.;)