PDA

View Full Version : PANIC!!

hollyoaksmad
02-07-2010, 10:44 AM
i have seen alot of posts discussing emergency treatment please help:

I have inspection 2 weeks arr

On child records i have signed by parent : i confirm permission for childminder to seek emergency medical assisstance/ treatment

is that enough i am in process of making emergency cards which will be signed

but on new record forms i got it states:

i give permission for any emergency medical advice or treatment as considered necessary by medical authorities present ? does this mean i can do first aid?

im confuseeed

Stillgoingstrong
02-07-2010, 11:18 AM
i have seen alot of posts discussing emergency treatment please help:

I have inspection 2 weeks arr

On child records i have signed by parent : i confirm permission for childminder to seek emergency medical assisstance/ treatment

is that enough i am in process of making emergency cards which will be signed

but on new record forms i got it states:

i give permission for any emergency medical advice or treatment as considered necessary by medical authorities present ? does this mean i can do first aid?

im confuseeed

I think it means medical authorities being Doc, paramedic etc and that as they are present that they do whatever. The wording is so stupid I know - I now have THREE forms I get my parents to sign all saying the it in a different way as some inspectors want medical advice, some want medical assistance and the other one is the new one you have. No idea really but I get all variations signed. I would do emergency first aid as trained whilst waiting for the professionals if that need arose. Luckily in about 20 years of minding it never has :thumbsup:

happydays1
02-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi i think this means that the parents are to sign to give permission for medical proffesionals such as paramedic or doctor to give advice/treatment as we are unable to give permission in an emergency ie if the parents cant be contacted and the child needs stitches as an example.(i might be wrong but i think thats how its worded:blush: ):)

blue bear
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
I have a seperate pice of paper with
I give authority for xxxx to adminstor, seek and authorise any emergency medical treatment.
also has permission for photos, intimate care, using car, outings including swimming, suntan lotion,

I did this after an ofsted inspector said it was better than just having in contract/medical book etc as it shows the inspector the parent has had the important bits pointed out to them.

Not sure I agree but have done it anyway.