PDA

View Full Version : OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

NaggyNat
02-07-2010, 09:16 AM
OMG!

Call from Mrs O this morning, saw witheld number so didnt answer it (home phone).
I will ring back but I have been out all day lol

Only been doing this since April and only just getting my head around everything we need etc. Going to spend all weekend trying to sort myself out (worked really hard to get stuff together - as fb peeps will know lol).

What do you think they expect from me seeing as only been working since April....really soon to have inspection but its cos asked for a variation.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hebs
02-07-2010, 09:22 AM
it would have been a call to ask if your minding yet, inspection might be soon, might be a few months xx

NaggyNat
02-07-2010, 09:25 AM
No hun its def an inspection cos I spoke to someone there the other day and she told me this inspector would be calling to arrange my first inspection.

Because I asked for a variation they need to inspect.....OMG!!!!! 3 months I've been doing it and its not long enough surely...they cant expect too much can they? I have planning for the next couple of months and started observations etc.......but dont think im good enough.....FFS!

samkeddy
02-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I no how you feel ive only been doing it since march and their coming to inspect me w/c 19th july and im on hol till then now!!!! Im scared to death, im sat here now doing my sef and know it'll never be completed on time! im sure ul be fine though!
Has anyone from your la been to see you, i had somone round for the 1st time on wed and she went through a list of things i should have ready and it was a big help!

NaggyNat
02-07-2010, 09:42 AM
My NCMA support came a few weeks back and was happy with what I had done. I started SEF but finding it hard to get back onto it now....dont know what my username is etc, honetsly my brain is dead!!!!

I think she is going to come next week :panic: :panic: :panic:

I am so not good at things like this and I will just totally clam up I just know it. I finish at 3pm today so I can sit up the table til late tonight and crack on!!!

Good luck with yours, you will be fine!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

samkeddy
02-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks,
Im sure youl be fine too at least youve got some time tonite!! i should be packing really bu just need to keep at this!

NaggyNat
02-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Hard to stop when ur on a roll....U will be fab!!!

In a way I am glad I am having it so soon....its done and dusted and then won't have to worry about it!!!

Let me know how you get on and have a lovely holiday xx

Hebs
02-07-2010, 09:53 AM
i was reg at the end of jan but had only been minding equivialnt to 6 weeks when they inspected me

you'll be fine x

Tinglesnark
02-07-2010, 09:55 AM
chillax, you will be fine!

make sure you have done at least some of your SEF - i am going through miine and just adding something in to each section and when i find a spare few mins i add to that. it soon builds up :thumbsup:

im sure you have all of your RA's and policies sorted dont you?

then make sure you have some planning and observations to show... you can sort that easily over the weekend.....

good luck! i am sure that you will breeeeeeze it

xxx

samkeddy
02-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Hard to stop when ur on a roll....U will be fab!!!

In a way I am glad I am having it so soon....its done and dusted and then won't have to worry about it!!!
Thats the upside i keep reminding myself, get it over with and we can relax for a couple of years!!!!

Let me know how you get on and have a lovely holiday xx

Ye ditto let me know how yours goes im sure youll do great!

Daddy Day Care
02-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Nat you will be fine, i can tell from fb you are a very passionate childminder who puts a lot of ahrd work into it. Im sure it wont be anywhere near as bad as what you are expecting, just remember your pre reg visit that wasnt a bad as you was exopecting was it?

Ive been registered 13months now and still waiting my inspection, ive not had no contact from Ofsted yet but I know it has to be soon and its all i can think off :(

GAreth
xx

The Juggler
02-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I heard a new minder had her post-reg inspection 8 weeks after she was registered:panic:

You will be fine hon. Don't worry.

miffy
02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Good luck to both of you ladies - sure you'll be fine!

Miffy xx

Blue Boy
02-07-2010, 07:28 PM
I am sure you both will be fine:thumbsup: Be yourself. dont try to pull the wool over O's eyes and enjoy being with your mindees. The inspector will be looking not only at your paperwork, but also how you and the little ones interact with each other.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Zoomie
02-07-2010, 08:21 PM
I had been minding 5 months when I had a mini inspection as a result of a variation request.

The inspector only came to inspect me in relation to the variation request. She verfied children's details, and times and we had a general chit chat. She was here less than 25 minutes.

She did not look at any of my paperwork.

Really should have done it on the phone, but Ofsted have procedures.

Hopefully yours will be the same.

:D

carebear25
02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Im sure u will be fine xx

sp1
02-07-2010, 08:33 PM
OH NO!!!!!! :panic:

I've just asked for a variation :eek: :eek: :eek:

NaggyNat
02-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I had been minding 5 months when I had a mini inspection as a result of a variation request.

The inspector only came to inspect me in relation to the variation request. She verfied children's details, and times and we had a general chit chat. She was here less than 25 minutes.

She did not look at any of my paperwork.

Really should have done it on the phone, but Ofsted have procedures.

Hopefully yours will be the same.

:D

Oooo I hope so!!! When will she next be coming to you then?

OMG I feel sick lol! xx

NaggyNat
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
OH NO!!!!!! :panic:

I've just asked for a variation :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am sorry if I have worried you now! You will be fine xx

berkschick
02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I started minding with a variation as I took on twins! Then had my "Are you minding yet?" phonecall 6 weeks after registering and inspection 3 months into it.

What variation have you asked for?

NaggyNat
03-07-2010, 07:40 AM
I want to keep on a mindee from September, I have a full timer starting then and will be over my numbers so have asked for an extra child so I can keep on F who is only part time anyway at the moment.

My hubby will be registered by November and he is my assistant at the moment.

Blimey, I cant get it out of my head....inspections are what almost put me off doing this job. Im not the most confident person in the world and although I am getting really good feedback from parents and the children are happy, I am still so worried xxx