PDA

View Full Version : welcome booklets & advertising

*donnalouise*
01-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi could someone tell me roughly what you put in your welcome booklet / pack.... In the process of being registered... just waiting on CRB's now and am eager to get a pack together and advertise asap.

Also does anyone know if we are allowed to advertise before a cert arrives (with a view to starting mindee's sept)?

twinkletots
01-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Hello!

I think you can advertise but you are not allowed to say you are Ofsted registered and you are not allowed to state dates when you are starting to mind just in case you are not registered by that date etc.

It would probably be a good idea to get all of your advertising materials ready, business cards, leaflets etc and then as soon as your cert arrives start advertising but advertise locally via word of mouth and ask firends and family to spread the word for you - that way you are not setting dates but spreading your name about and your upcoming service.

Welcome books/parent packs are mainly focused on your setting, your policies and procedures and your background - basically your service in a book. You could add a bit about yourself, your family, your previous work, qualifications, then your daily routine as a childminder, menu example, EYFS, your policies and procedures, safeguarding, add photos of your setting (if you feel it neccessary)

Good Luck
Rach

flowerpots
01-07-2010, 08:01 PM
in my pack, i have;

a page about me, my family and my home
Fees
A sample weekly menu
A page briefly descibing what the eyfs is and how i use it

I started advertising after my ofsted visit while i was waiting for my crb, i was full within the first month of registering.

hth :)

*donnalouise*
01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
thanks for that :)

Can I ask, how did you advertise?? To be honest, im not looking at taking more than one or two mindee's (as i have a 3yo and a 9mth old of my own)