PDA

View Full Version : Parking on my garden!!

Minstrel
01-07-2010, 04:23 PM
A parent has taken it upon herself to start parking on my front garden!

I live on a main road and have a double fronted house - half is a drive (for my car) and the other half is lawn. I also live right next to a side road in which my husband parks and most parents do (have the odd one with older children who stop on the main road and just let the child out).

However one mum has taken it upon herself to park on the lawn at the front- i don't just mean a little bit but the whole car over the whole garden!
I don't know how to tackle her about it. I feel a bit hypocritical saying don't park there when on occasions my husband does if the side road is full and there is no alternative and she would see this as to drive past my house often to get to hers.

What would you say???

Mollymop
01-07-2010, 04:25 PM
i would say "Please can you park elsewhere hunni as I don't want you to park on my lawn"

:D

Some people just amaze me at their audacity!

Pipsqueak
01-07-2010, 04:29 PM
i would say "Please can you park elsewhere hunni as I don't want you to park on my lawn"

:D

Some people just amaze me at their audacity!

agree:thumbsup:

cheeky bloomin mare

Trouble
01-07-2010, 04:30 PM
i agree with the ladies above :D

cheeky witch:angry:

charleyfarley
01-07-2010, 04:32 PM
I take it you don't have gates across the front of your drive and garden?

Sorry but I think I would just have to tell her straight not to park on your lawn, whether your husband parks there or not. I think what she's doing is really rude actually, imagine if you went and parked in her garden!!!!!!!

Carol xx

caz3007
01-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Get the LO's to make a huge brightly coloured no parking sign :laughing:

Ok, perhaps just a word in her ear. After all if your hubby parks there, then its his perogotive, but she probably thinks its ok and its not

Minstrel
01-07-2010, 04:37 PM
The lawn has a fence across the front of it but no gates across the drive. she comes in diagonally behind my car and into the garden. :angry:

I'm so cross that she hasn't even said 'oh is it ok etc? NO! or 'sorry there was no where else' and she has a baby so i can understand her not wanting to stop on the road and get him out.

I could leave my car back a bit so there's no room for her to get through but don;t see why i should have to. I feel a bit unsure about tackling her about it even though i don't usually have that problem!

Mouse
01-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Next time you see her pull up, go running out like a mad woman shouting "aaarrgghhhh, get off my lawn!!!"

That should get the message across :thumbsup:

miffy
01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I take it you don't have gates across the front of your drive and garden?

Sorry but I think I would just have to tell her straight not to park on your lawn, whether your husband parks there or not. I think what she's doing is really rude actually, imagine if you went and parked in her garden!!!!!!!

Carol xx

I think this is one time when direct is best so you make sure she gets the message loud and clear!

I can't believe she has the cheek to do that in the first place!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
i agree with the ladies above :D

cheeky witch:angry:

me too! Just tell dh not to park there during the week/your working hours so she can't see and then tell her you're regrowing the lawn or something:panic:

The Juggler
01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Next time you see her pull up, go running out like a mad woman shouting "aaarrgghhhh, get off my lawn!!!"

:laughing: :laughing:

RedDragon
01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Put big rocks dotted about on the lawn - that will stop her - she will only do it once :laughing:

Ripeberry
01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Could get some nice little fence posts with chain links that enclose the lawn but when hubby wants to park he can take the chain links off, would have to be low enough to clear the underneath of the car.
Or just get a sign to say no parking on grass :p

mamasheshe
01-07-2010, 05:25 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Millenium
01-07-2010, 05:29 PM
That's outrageous! Clearly even members of you own family do not do this so what in heavens name gives her the the right to think she can act in this way.

I am not sure how you are going to tackle it because you know her and we don't but it needs to be stamped out immediately.

What liberties will she take next???

estrelas
01-07-2010, 05:35 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Alibali
01-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Great big nails on the lawn, that'll stop her:laughing: :laughing:

flowerpots
01-07-2010, 06:13 PM
I really cant believe a parent would have the cheek to park on your lawn, i would just be direct and say ''get your car off my lawn''! cheeky thing!!!!!!

Pipsqueak
01-07-2010, 06:13 PM

now thats a great option:thumbsup: :laughing:

if she is coming in diagonally from behind your car - she could clip your car:panic: :eek:

not to mention (just been saying about this to Bri) and he said it will ruin your grass - it could make it sink, kill the grass off not just from the weight of the car, the tyres 'rubbing' on the grass - killing roots, the exhaust output will kill grass and soon churn it up. You will end up having to returf (and sorting the base out) and that will costa fortune

Minstrel
01-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Well i've just spoken to DH and he's not happy!

He saw her do it last week and after she went we were gawping and moaning at her cheek. Hubby realised the windows were open and we hoped she had heard because when she came later to collect she didn't do it. He's at work atm and i told him she'd done it again, he thinks i should have tackled her about it. I know i should have too so the next time i will def say something!

Go me! :thumbsup: