PDA

View Full Version : Escape ladders

SonnysMummy
30-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Do you need to have a fire escape ladder?

Kelly:)

Tily Bud
30-03-2008, 08:49 PM
ive not got one and have no intention of buying one , this is a house and not a nursery xxx

sarah707
30-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Yes if you have a 3rd storey - otherwise no.

But then if you have a 3rd storey you're not allowed to let mindees up there anyway :D

SonnysMummy
30-03-2008, 09:24 PM
So what do you say about how you would escape if you were all trapped upstairs?
I must say...i love it how quickly people reply on here:)

Kelly:)

sarah707
30-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Well you are supposed to have a phone on every floor and a charged mobile in your pocket... so if you were trapped upstairs you would close the door, ring the fire brigade and wait for them to come and rescue you... if it was safe to get down, you would grab the children and go...

This is the reason some people choose not to use upstairs - tricky if you've only got one loo though!...

You have to think about how you would escape from upstairs - 9 times out of 10 it is safer to wait for rescue than hurl yourself down a ladder / out of a window anyway and I can't see children less than 6 or 7 climbing calmly down a ladder in a stress situation anyway... a standard door will give you some protection, especially if you use towels / bedding to plug gaps and open windows for air...

Hope this helps! :D

angeldelight
30-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I do not have a ladder and do not intend to have one either

I keep my mobile with me fully charged through out the day for any kind of emergency

Angel xx

Noodles
30-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I dont have a ladder i have 3 storeys but only have the downstairs registered for childminding:)

deeb66
31-03-2008, 12:35 PM
No I don't have a ladder either.

Have no intention of getting one.

As a fire officer said to me before.......as long as you follow a practised procedure the fire brigade would be with you before you would ever need to hurl yourselves out of a window!