PDA

View Full Version : i just a few things that i need to check re heating food and milk

emmaflossie
30-06-2010, 07:11 PM
i am starting with a 9 month old next week, mum still breastfeeding and dad reheats milk in microwave, is this something that ofsted would be happy for me to do?
and what about hes food? Hes mum is sending me pureed food can i re heat that in microwave?

AliceK
30-06-2010, 09:06 PM
i am starting with a 9 month old next week, mum still breastfeeding and dad reheats milk in microwave, is this something that ofsted would be happy for me to do?
and what about hes food? Hes mum is sending me pureed food can i re heat that in microwave?

I would have thought it is OK to heat the food in a microwave obviously you would stir and test it before feeding it. Not sure about the milk I don't think it's recommended in case of hot spots (although I did it with my DD). Don't know what Ofsteds view on it would be?

xxxx

ourmadhouse
01-07-2010, 04:06 AM
I read some place that over heating the milk kills off the 'good' bacteria in breast milk, didnt overly worry me I sent my pumped milk to the childminder frozen on the day with one freshly pumped bottle for first feed as it gave the the other bottles chance to defrost then she put it in warm water to warm it up, she zaped it sometimes and my baby was fine, so i was fine :)

From a mums point of view and a bit of a tip when your mum comes to pick baby up she maybe full of milk, (pumping is good but nothing is as good as a baby emptying you out) offer to let her stay untill she has fed her baby or see if mum wants you to hold off a feed untill she arrives.

the more a baby succles the more milk is produced (i felt a bit cheeky hanging around after pick up plus she was always due to do a school pick up) also i found it hard to get the let down reflex while pumping see if mum could make a short video if baby feeding happily on her phone and recomend to my this helped me as my milk always trailed off a few months after going back to work.
heh and its working with parents and supporting a breast feeding mum :idea:

ah its been a year since my middle child left his CM and he was with her from 9 months and hes now 4! Best place id ever left my child and i still feel guilty about him leaving her :(

emmaflossie
02-07-2010, 09:21 PM
ah thanks for that

i always used the microwave for food and milk ... just made sure i shook it well :)

i will def offer that, she is very self concious even after all this time and will not feed in public or around anyone so i dont think she will take me up on the offer but at least its best to offer :)