PDA

View Full Version : Help please with non-payment

helendee
30-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi everyone, I think that I have just been taken for a fool and am not sure what to do next. I started minding a little boy for a young couple last month and should have listened to my first instincts. Originally I was supposed to have minded him full time and we signed the contract to that effect; however a couple of days later the mum phoned to ask if we could reduce the hours as her partner had not got the job he thought was his and they wouldn't be able to afford the original agreement. I agreed as I know what it is like to struggle and was happy to help them out. She then further reduced the hours to 12 a week and again I agreed, somewhat reluctantly.

I give them the bill last week and offered them the chance to pay me in installments until their tax credits were sorted, bt since then I have heard nothing from them. He was not brought to me for either of his sessions this week and there is no response to my texts and voicemails.

Does anyone know what I should do next please?

Helen x

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
30-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Sounds like they have done it to claim Tax Credits, Even though you dont have to you might want to give them a ring.

it depends who ur insured with so would give your insurers a ring to see what they say x

sarah707
30-06-2010, 06:10 PM
You need to write to them, use a delivery method that is signed for at the other end.

State clearly the amount owed and the due date.

Give them the time agreed in your contract / fees policy to pay... your contract might say 7 working days or a week or whatever.

Legally you have to follow your contract / fees policy.

Then you do not contact them again... they legally have to be allowed that length of time to pay.

If they do not pay then you can open up a claim through the small claims court. Your insurance company should support you.

Sorry you have found yourself in this position. I hope this helps xx

The Juggler
30-06-2010, 09:18 PM
that's awful hon. I would chase for payment too and also inform tax credits.:angry: