PDA

View Full Version : checklist

hollyoaksmad
30-06-2010, 03:49 PM
has anyone got a checklist for when ofsted come all the things u gota do and put out

do you do an activity with the children while she there or just play?

mama2three
30-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Do whatever you would normally do , if you change your routine or do something 'extra' the kids will drop you in it anyway!
As for paperwork - the learning journeys to show how much progress the children are making , your planning to show how you support this.
Risk assessments , fire plans and drills , policies and procedures..to show how you are meeting the requirements and keeping children safe.
These are the basics , lots of other bits that you will have ..just put it all out! Im sure other members will add to the list. Have you done your sef? Make sure you have evidence out to support the things youve mentioned in it.
Good Luck x

blue bear
30-06-2010, 04:30 PM
I gather all my paper work together and put it in a box on the table. Explain to Mrs. O she can look through whilde I carry on with a normal day, if they need anything extra or questions answered they will ask but generally this works well.

Include everything
risk assessment
record cards
contracts
driving licence, mot and ins
learning journeys
photoalbums
observaions
self assessments
traing folder and certs
complaint log
what to do if you are worried about a child folder
eyfs pack
accident book/fire drills/emergency drill log
parent welcome pack
liability ins cert

and anything alse I have forgot

plan a normal day, carry on as usual that is what the visit is for, I always say treat it as if you have a friend coming round for coffee, relax and be normal. Children will pick up on any tension and if you do things diffently it will throw them. the whole point is to see how normally do things and give you guidance on what you could try improving it is not a pass or fail test, make sure you have been throught the eyfs pack and have done all the must do and if possible the should do.

I plan mostly on a daily basis so whatever you lo's were interested in the day before extend that.

hollyoaksmad
30-06-2010, 04:40 PM
iv never heard ov learning journey i do obs ? is that the same?x

charleyfarley
30-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I also showed her my training certificates, which she took note of everyone I did and asked about some of them.

Carol xx

WibbleWobble
30-06-2010, 04:45 PM
i had a great activity planned...we were going to pot on the sunflowers we had grown.

Mrs O came and say to A "shall we do some gardening with the sunflowers?"

A said "NO...dont like it. Play outside!"

so....we had a morning of playing outside in the sandpit, play house, bucket of water etc

so much for my planning!

Mrs O said now she realised why my planning pages had so many changes to them.....LO A knows what she wants!

mandy xxxx

blue bear
30-06-2010, 04:52 PM
a learning journey is a record of the child's learning.

it can be scrap books, photo albums, observations, indiviual planning or combination of everything.(in short what ever format you use to show how child has got from a to b in their learning.)

It's definetly reffered to lots on training sesions and eyfs reference books, cdo uses the term alot.