PDA

View Full Version : Child's leaving present

terrydoo73
30-06-2010, 12:03 PM
I have a little girl leaving me today after 4 years. She came as a 9 month old toddler and is now off for the summer (parents are teachers) and then she herself will start in September. Mum has given me a lovely local history book as a way of thank you but I am wondering if I am giving enough in return. I have made up a photo album of over 100 photos from when she started until now and am also including an art and craft book which I think has some really easy ideas in it for mum to do with her over the summer. Do you think this is enough? I have always given her Christmas and Birthday presents over the years. I just regard it as token but am wondering is it a bit stingy?

cs01
30-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I think what you have got her sounds lovely.

Stillgoingstrong
30-06-2010, 12:09 PM
I have a little girl leaving me today after 4 years. She came as a 9 month old toddler and is now off for the summer (parents are teachers) and then she herself will start in September. Mum has given me a lovely local history book as a way of thank you but I am wondering if I am giving enough in return. I have made up a photo album of over 100 photos from when she started until now and am also including an art and craft book which I think has some really easy ideas in it for mum to do with her over the summer. Do you think this is enough? I have always given her Christmas and Birthday presents over the years. I just regard it as token but am wondering is it a bit stingy?

I think that is a lovely gift to give - she will have it always, unlike a toy or something. I would have loved to have been given photos of mine :) Spot on I think :clapping:

francinejayne
30-06-2010, 12:09 PM
I agree, it sounds lovely and very thoughtful.

I don't particularly like or want expensive presents (apart from off my OH!), if my children ask what I would like off them I always ask for something home made, it's much more personal! I would love that photo album! :thumbsup:

terrydoo73
30-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks - that gives me a good bit of reassurance that what I am giving is not too mean!

marian
30-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Sound just right :thumbsup:

Marian x

The Juggler
30-06-2010, 01:15 PM
It sounds lovely honx

Alibali
30-06-2010, 05:43 PM
It sounds lovely, I do this too, but if they're starting school I like to but their first school bag as a leaving gift too.

Tealady
30-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Lovely idea. you could also attach/dangle a keyring from the album for them to remove an attach to their schoolbag/bookbag