PDA

View Full Version : So uncertain

snufflepuff
30-06-2010, 10:00 AM
I hate the uncertainty of this job. Theres never any guarantee that there will be work, and of course i knew that when i decided to become a childminder.....but i really dont like it.
I have one LO cutting her hours down and another leaving. Who knows when i may get another enquiry or even if the other mindees i have will stay with me.
I feel like i can't spend what little money i earn because i need to allow for the fact that next month i might not get it.
I put so much time, effort and money in to all this, i have a constant headache and sense of panic because ofsted will be here next week......and i cant help but wonder if it is even worth it!
So fed up.....but theres no way im giving up so soon.

huggableshelly
30-06-2010, 10:11 AM
something will turn up, stick with it.

Ripeberry
30-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Maybe when the work is thin on the ground, do a second job in the evenings or weekends. I don't have many mindees and do cleaning work in the evening (no set time, just do it before morning), so with this warm weather, I've been stopping work at 6pm, dealing with my own kids until husband gets home 7.30pm, then doing the cleaning sometimes as late as 11pm.
Hopefully something will come up for you soon. :)

eddie
30-06-2010, 10:38 AM
So sorry you feel like this. I had a bad patch not long after I registered. I had hardly any income, people think they can change their hours and not realise that its your earnings that are affected. I felt like packing in but selling on ebay etc helped me get through the worst. Things will pick up!
Its hard to keep going but well worth it - word of mouth is a powerful vacancy filler but you have to gain experience to get it. I still panic a bit when I have had no vacancy calls and I don't even have any vacancies :eek:
OFSTED visit is probably panicking you a bit cos they are stressful - hope you feel better after they have been and seen what a good job you are doing.:thumbsup: