PDA

View Full Version : How much do you pay?

bandlady
30-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi

Just wondered if any of you have a cleaner and how much do you pay per hour. I am really thinking of getting one and also wondered can you claim for this as an expense?

Thanks

Denise

Playmate
30-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I pay £8 phr and put half through on expenses.

Hebs
30-06-2010, 10:12 AM
i pay £10 an hour and put the full ammount through

suzyblue
30-06-2010, 11:15 AM
I use an agency and pay them £2.50 per hour and the cleaner £7.50 per hour.

ajs
30-06-2010, 11:24 AM
i pay mine £7.50 an hour too although i have never put her through the books but will do now thta i know you lot do

bandlady
30-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks for your replies I think this is definitely something that I am going to look into.

Denise

TheBTeam
30-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I pay £7.50 per hour, but she only does the kitchen, living room and bathroom just a top up once a week, i do all the rest and inbetween, I claim the lot as it is only minded areas and just a deeper clean than I can do regularly enough whilst working.

AliceK
30-06-2010, 12:34 PM
I have a cleaner but I only get her to do the upstairs because I can't do anything up there when I'm working whereas I can get the downstairs bits done either before mindees arrive or bits when they are asleep. I begrudge spending my weekends doing so much cleaning that's why I got her in. I pay her £9.00 per hr and the agency £2.00 per hr. I haven't put it through as I thought you could only claim it if it was the minded areas that get cleaned. My mindees do sleep and use the toilet/bathroom upstairs though so does that mean I can claim it?

xxxxx

brightstar
30-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Mine started today and my house is sooooo much cleaner. I pay £7.50 an hour and its well worth it. I will be putting 1/2 through the books I think.

PixiePetal
30-06-2010, 02:23 PM
mine is £10/hr and one of my best mates so we always end with a natter :thumbsup:

I am going to put through 1/2 as the upstairs is not used for minding.

TheBTeam
30-06-2010, 03:39 PM
I have a cleaner but I only get her to do the upstairs because I can't do anything up there when I'm working whereas I can get the downstairs bits done either before mindees arrive or bits when they are asleep. I begrudge spending my weekends doing so much cleaning that's why I got her in. I pay her £9.00 per hr and the agency £2.00 per hr. I haven't put it through as I thought you could only claim it if it was the minded areas that get cleaned. My mindees do sleep and use the toilet/bathroom upstairs though so does that mean I can claim it?

xxxxx

How will the IR know where she cleans!:idea:

AliceK
30-06-2010, 03:44 PM
How will the IR know where she cleans!:idea:

hmmm I like your thinking :thumbsup: . That's a very good question.
Thanks

xx

grindal
30-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I pay mine £10 per hour and put the whole lot thru my books an account of the whole house being registered!

Adiamond
30-06-2010, 04:14 PM
My mum is my cleaner :clapping: I pay her £6.00 per hour :eek: best not let her read this thread lol!!!!
she is only supposed to do upstairs but I often catch her "wiping around downstairs!!"

I like her coming because it means I have 1 less thing to think about/do, and it is lovely on a Wednesday night after she has been to have a lovely relaxing bath in my lovely clean bathroom :blush: x

francinejayne
30-06-2010, 08:21 PM
ooooh cleaning is better paid than minding!!!!

SammyM
30-06-2010, 10:00 PM
How mad is it that cleaners are paid more per hour than we are paid to look after someones most treasured child - its a strange old world....

Tealady
30-06-2010, 11:02 PM
How mad is it that cleaners are paid more per hour than we are paid to look after someones most treasured child - its a strange old world....

..and then the parents begrudge paying you that! (I mind in an affulent area and have minded for famlies who have cleaners)

ourmadhouse
01-07-2010, 04:15 AM
iv not got a cleaner as i feel id endup cleaning before the cleaner came, (do you do this?) or they would move stuff around and i wouldnt be able to find things.
(do they do that?)
my biggest hate is washing, if i could have someone to do ALL my washing and i mean put it away too. . . i would be tempted :D

sandy64
01-07-2010, 07:27 AM
hi does your cleaners clean whilst your working? or when your out? or evening? do you book them for so many hrs a week or just how long it takes them? i would love a cleaner so jelous:)

angiemog
01-07-2010, 07:31 AM
I'm considering getting a cleaner too. I do bits and pieces through the week but come the weekend it needs a big clean and I don't like spending my weekends cleaning. My problem would be when though? Hmmm x

ajs
01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
iv not got a cleaner as i feel id endup cleaning before the cleaner came, (do you do this?) or they would move stuff around and i wouldnt be able to find things.
(do they do that?)
my biggest hate is washing, if i could have someone to do ALL my washing and i mean put it away too. . . i would be tempted :D

i don't clean before she comes but i do tidy as i don't think it's fair to expect her to clean around my mess
and no she doesn't move anything,nif it is in the sitting room and not meant to be she just leaves it on the table for me to deal with

hectors house
01-07-2010, 08:29 AM
I pay my 15 year old daughter, £10 a week to hoover the lounge, dining room and hall every morning and tidy up the toys at the end of the day. I did check with the IR and they said I could put it through the books - I think if you employ a cleaner to clean while you have children in the house, they are supposed to be CRB checked - so by employing my daughter I get round this.

catswhiskers
01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can't put having your place cleaned as an expense.

What about us childminders who do it ourselves? I do put down all my cleaning stuff e.g. bleach, floor cleaner, multi-purpose cleaner down every week as an expense but it's not that much.