PDA

View Full Version : Dont know what to do ???

claire85
30-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone , this message is going to sound really silly but i just felt i needed to tell someone !!! Iv been minding for 6 years now and at the moment i do before and after school care which i like to do . Lately though i feel like i have have come to an end , i dont feel as enthusiastic anymore like i use to .Iv had some of these children for six years and have built a great bond with parents and the children and dont want to let them down.
Has anybody else ever felt like this ?? :(

rickysmiths
30-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi, i didn't want to read and run!

I have been minding for 18yrs now and yes I have gone in waves of feeling like this. The children always win me over though. I just enjoy the work too much. :blush:

Maybe you need a variety in age group for a change to re-vitalise you? Maybe a couple of under fives?

Lick'le Oakes
30-06-2010, 09:08 AM
I agree with the above I think we all feel like this at some time or other, you need to input a change, maybe start having little ones xx

Playmate
30-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Frequently!! I have several breaks from being a CM over the past 17 years, but always seem to come back :blush: (grass isn't always greener on the other side).

Maybe you could look at doing some training or activity days, maybe a playwork course since you work with older ones. sometimes I find when I have done something different I feel more enthusiastic.

Sending hugs what ever you decide xx

moljak
30-06-2010, 09:28 AM
I agree with the other comments.Maybe you need to do something different to give you a lift.If you don't want to commit to under fives why not pop into your local school and see if they'd like a volunteer.Sometimes just a change to your weekly routine can change things.That's what I did and thoroughly enjoyed it.

huggableshelly
30-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I got to that stage with the additional issues that my own children are fed up with sharing their home and their Mom.

I quit but luckily for me I can afford not to work for a short while but will have to find something to do soon.

If you take a break stay registered so you can slot back in when you want.
I have fully de-registered - found it a better option for me for now.

caz3007
30-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi everyone , this message is going to sound really silly but i just felt i needed to tell someone !!! Iv been minding for 6 years now and at the moment i do before and after school care which i like to do . Lately though i feel like i have have come to an end , i dont feel as enthusiastic anymore like i use to .Iv had some of these children for six years and have built a great bond with parents and the children and dont want to let them down.
Has anybody else ever felt like this ?? :(

I feel a bit like you at the moment, had the same two families for years after school and the two older ones are going to high school, but they are getting to be harder work than the small ones. They like coming here, but its just their age and I feel like chucking it all in, but jobs are scarce around here at the moment, so its not an option

Mollymop
30-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I hope you start feeling a bit better about working soon hun x

claire85
30-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks for all ur advice guys means a lot xx

The Juggler
30-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Much as it's lovely to keep the same children for years it's also lovely to have a fresh range of age groups, and new children to keep you on your toes sometimes. I think we all feel a bit like this at times honx