PDA

View Full Version : She's giving notice

snufflepuff
29-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Mum just sent an email to say LO is not well and won't be here tomorrow, but she will be dropping off her notice letter. She said her employer wants her to work full time and would need her to travel to London one day a week, and she can't/ doesn't want to do it.
I still think theres more to it but never mind.
I feel really sad, LO was so lovely, and my son got on really well with her. Just a shame Mum caused me problems. Need the money too!
Very annoying to have used contracts, made a learning journey/ diary, spent time getting to know her etc etc......and she hands her notice in after a month.

jumpinjen
29-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Oh dear, after all that.... does sound to me like she just doean't want to be away from her little one. i have to say when I first went back to work as a nurse, I gave notice after two months but there were lots of issues like shrugging when I asked if my 11month old daughter had eaten her lunch or slept or pooed, leaving her assistant to mind whilst she went out for the day, and putting my dd in a pushchair for 3 hours whilst she tidied her garage!!!!

assuming you did none of those things then it is hard luck.... but nothing you did, ask mum for a good reference and get out there, you'll find someone else who is much less hassle, chin up!

Jen x

The Juggler
29-06-2010, 08:55 PM
sounds to me this was just the excuse mum needed to hand in notice at work and be at home with her little one (given you said she didn't really want to leave her).

sorry to hear that honx

Alibali
29-06-2010, 09:01 PM
That's a shame, hope you get space filled soonx

loocyloo
29-06-2010, 09:28 PM
sorry she's given notice, but sounds to me like maybe mum HAD to go back to work or repay maternity leave pay and can now leave work without having to repay.

Blue Boy
30-06-2010, 07:13 AM
Am sur you will get someone new soon:)

Twinklestars
30-06-2010, 11:16 AM
good luck, hope you find a lovely new one :)

Mollymop
30-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Ah what a shame. I hope you can fill your space soon