PDA

View Full Version : grrrr nursery

Pipsqueak
29-06-2010, 02:00 PM
With the 15hrs flexi entitlement coming in September, the LO I look after is starting nursery in September.
By September I should be up and running accredited.

LO has been for her nursery visit today and mum has just popped round telling me that nursery can only offer 13 hrs (some flexi that is!!!) and directed her towards the private nursery in the same school.

think I am going to have to go in and tell them that I will be accredited and to point people towards me as well.

I have pointed out to mum that she could split the hrs between nursery and me (or just use me:D ) but I get the impression she wants LO in nursery as well (actually I happen to agree the LO needs nursery as well).

Flipping heck, just when I thought things were panning out, mum assures me that she is going to keep LO with me but hours and days are going to change - I had everything balanced just nicely at the moment:(

The Juggler
29-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I think the extended entitlement is great but is causing a lot of confusion for parents. they are being offered the extra free hours at nursery but they still need to pay us for the whole day so they are wondering what's the point. OK if they work part-time as they can use up all the extra on one of their days off maybe.

I know what you mean about the children being ready though, my 3 year olds are def. ready for a more large group experience (outside of the usual toddlers experience). We are nowhere near a network or accreditation so I couldn't offer them the entitlement anyway and at the hourly rate they are talking about, I wouldn't do it (selfish I know).

Hope it works out - it's a mare when you have several part-timers that slot together nicely and then one of them changes hours - throws you right out:rolleyes:

miffy
29-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Pip, hope you get something sorted so you don't lose out.

Miffy xx

Mollymop
29-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Poor you pip, hope something else turns up hun. Keep your chin up xx

sillysausage
29-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Don't know about you but I'm not sure the 15 hours is going to work out long term. It is going to be a nightmare for anyone having nursery collections and drop offs for both sessions at our local school because the am finish/pm start times are only 1/2 hour apart. Don't know when the staff are supposed to take their lunch break. I really don't think the school has thought through how they are going to implement the 15 hours properly.
Soo glad I won't have any in nursery this next time.

Donkey
29-06-2010, 09:47 PM
we have had the 15 hours in sheffield for a while.
nurseries have had to re-arrange their session so they have 2 x 3 hour session in a day, they still do mornings and afternoons.

ajs
29-06-2010, 10:13 PM
our school are offering the morning children an afternoon and the afternoon children a morning session each
so it means i will take s to nursery 1 day a week pick her up at 11:30go home give her lunch then take her back at 1 and pick her up at 3:30

confusing for all concerned and a pain for me
hopefully it will all fall into place for you pip mxx

mama2three
30-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Q and my new mindee start school in september , and they still havent decided how they will implement the 15 hours... , they really need to get their act together as I ( and lots of parents!) need to knowso I can organise my day , other mindees etc.
I have looked at becoming accredited , noone in our area is , one girl is 'in the process' - but I have to have , or be working towards , my fd..so will look at it again in September.
Pip , hope everything works out well for you hon x

The Juggler
30-06-2010, 06:24 AM
our nursery is using their wraparound care to offer the additional entitlement.