PDA

View Full Version : confused with age group for reception kiddies

maryp0ppins
29-06-2010, 01:41 PM
If i had
2 x 1years
1 x 3.4 years

would i have room for a school intake child before & after school aged 4...5 in April? or is this over my number? & is it right i could not take him till august after his 5th birthday??

my cert says

No more than 6 under 8
not more that 3 in the early years group
not more than 1 under 1

claire'scherubs
29-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I spoke to Ofsted about this the other day, and if they are in reception at school then they are called rolling 5's, but I would just check with them x

Pipsqueak
29-06-2010, 02:05 PM
yes you could take a full time school child who is aged 4 - because they would be considered 'rising 5'. this child would then go into your 5-8 yr old group

you may have to ask ofsted for this condition to appear on your certificate though.

maryp0ppins
29-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys. Hope your right, all a bit confussing if you ask me.
Why cant they just write 'Children whom start school are out of the early years group :blush: .
Just going to double check with ofsted before i go any further. :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
29-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Thanks guys. Hope your right, all a bit confussing if you ask me.
Why cant they just write 'Children whom start school are out of the early years group :blush: .
Just going to double check with ofsted before i go any further. :thumbsup:

Children in reception year are not out of the early years age group though MaryPoppins. However, because they are at school full time and not with you all day they can be considered rolling 5.
Promise you i am right :) - there is a pinned thread at the top of the minding secction as i had it all confirmed by email with Offy.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-06-2010, 04:11 PM
If the child goes to school FULL TIME then they are classed as 5 and over for ratio's but they are still part of your early years numbers.

You should have a paragraph on your Ofsted certificate to say this and they you are covered. If you don't have it, ask for it.

Bernie
29-06-2010, 04:40 PM
My answer is as above, but when I spoke to Ofsted they said they have to attend 10 full sessions (5 days) of full time school before they are classed as being in full time education. Apparently, this is just incase they don't settle and the school decide to send them home to start the following term.

xxx

maryp0ppins
30-06-2010, 07:27 AM
:thumbsup: thanks again, i rang ofsted yesterday & i am fine to go ahead,,,,
i get it now rising 5's :blush: although in full time schooling, ill still need to do eyfs until 31st Aug after 5th bday......

I trust you pipsqueak :magnificent:

it gets there eventually :laughing: just takes a while to sink in :D

MissTinkerbell
30-06-2010, 03:24 PM
:thumbsup: thanks again, i rang ofsted yesterday & i am fine to go ahead,,,,
i get it now rising 5's :blush: although in full time schooling, ill still need to do eyfs until 31st Aug after 5th bday......

I trust you pipsqueak :magnificent:

it gets there eventually :laughing: just takes a while to sink in :D

Although you will need a variation if they are attending part-time before going full-time as they are not classed as rising-5s until they are in for 10 sessions a week.