PDA

View Full Version : My phone will not stop ringing!

Chatterbox Childcare
29-06-2010, 12:50 PM
I think that I am one of the lucky ones as my phone is going non stop with up to 3 calls a day.

It is the first time in 15 years that I have had a waiting list, even considering employing someone.

How lucky am I?

Let's hope that is is contagious and that everyone is full ASAP

LOOPYLISA
29-06-2010, 12:51 PM
:clapping: :clapping:

The Juggler
29-06-2010, 01:13 PM
good news. I'm full to the brim and have several verbal enquiries through people I know about after schoolers for friends of theirs. I'm ingratiating myself with lots of minders passing on all the work:laughing:

flowerpots
29-06-2010, 01:15 PM
ive been busy with enquiries too, sending on good vibes for everbod elses phones to start ringing.

Rubybubbles
great news hun:clapping: :clapping:

It's catching as I have had loads of enquires ready for school in Sept:D Although I only have 1 space and want to fill it with under 5:rolleyes: none of those calls!!

Mouse
Well done!

I'm full at the moment, but will have some leaving soon to start school. I'm not planning to fill all my spaces then, but I find myself tempted every time the phone rings with another enquiry :rolleyes:

WibbleWobble
29-06-2010, 01:17 PM
i am full too...for EYFS. Almost full with afterschoolies...and i have on starting in sept bringing my after schoolies to 5.

reception class teacher asked me if i could take on another one in sept but i really have to stop taking on....i also do emergency care so i have my hands full everyday.

I get at least one call a week..one day i had 5 calls!!!

mandyxxx

funemnx
29-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I've had another call last night, I hate saying no but I will be full in the Autumn (and that's with an assistant starting)

4 childminders in our village and I think we're all full now - 2 months ago we were all desperate!!

WibbleWobble
29-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I've had another call last night, I hate saying no but I will be full in the Autumn (and that's with an assistant starting)

4 childminders in our village and I think we're all full now - 2 months ago we were all desperate!!

i hate saying no....OH keeps reminding me i need some time to myself

manduxxx

mama2three
29-06-2010, 01:28 PM
thats brilliant for you all... now send some of your magic this way please!!
Just lost 2 ( not literally , mum finished college!) ...have replaced 1 but could do with my phone ringing!!!

Curly Quavers
29-06-2010, 01:34 PM
How lucky am I?

Very

I am term time only so finish work for 6 weeks this Friday but after the summer I am down to 1 mindee for 12 hours per week :(

If my phone doesn't start ringing I think I might have to get a job or something.

I don't know about anybody else but the longer the phone either doesn't ring or I have parents come for visit and not sign the worse my confidence level gets. Is it just me?

The Juggler
29-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Very

I am term time only so finish work for 6 weeks this Friday but after the summer I am down to 1 mindee for 12 hours per week :(

If my phone doesn't start ringing I think I might have to get a job or something.

I don't know about anybody else but the longer the phone either doesn't ring or I have parents come for visit and not sign the worse my confidence level gets. Is it just me?

don't lose confidence honey. mindees are like buses, they all come along at once. Use the holidays to do a big advertising campaign. Make yourself known to parents at the children's centres. Hope something comes up:)

moljak
29-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Wow congratulations.Wish i was nearer as I'm beginning to panick that i will be signing on when my only mindee moves away.

Cammie Doodle
29-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Do you think Parents are catching on to the fact we are even BETTER than Nurseries, giving their children more individual attention??????????

caz3007
29-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Can you send phone vibes this way please, talking to several other minders this morning and everyone is quiet.

Need another part timer for September, that would make me happy

Ripeberry
29-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Very

I get like that as well :(

Mookins
29-06-2010, 03:54 PM
oooh i could do wirth some of these vibes too please

x x x x

Jelly Baby
29-06-2010, 05:31 PM
i'm full too morning noon and thankfully not night but still!! had 2 calls last week and one the week before, i too hate turning people away!

hello kitty
29-06-2010, 05:43 PM
That's great Debbie. I'm full to bursting point and have just had my 4 variations agreed for September ~ that's assuming no one changes their minds!

miffy
29-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Good for you Debbie! :thumbsup:

Sending phone ringing vibes to all those who need them

Miffy xx

Blue Boy
29-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Fantastic:clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
29-06-2010, 07:44 PM
How typical - starting referring work elsewhere and hubby comes home with a possible redundancy on Thursday. I think I may have talked him into being my assistant too!

jaja
29-06-2010, 07:50 PM
wow, thats fantastic, send some good vibes this way my phone has been quite lately xxxxxx

TheBTeam
29-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Well done to you, I have had lots of enquiries for school age children but not wanted to take any of them as dont want to commit dh and I to any more than the two schools we cover.