PDA

View Full Version : Half term / school holiday care?

SaijaM
29-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing good!
I'm not sure how to put this into words (having a mental block today), but just wanted to ask if there's any minders who take on new mindees for school holidays only? Would there be a demand for this..

My questions comes, because one of my mindees (when I start!) is a daughter of a teacher and so she will be with the mum and dad all the holidays, half terms and so on.. and it can quite a many weeks! Could I take on another mindee to 'replace' her during those weeks.. hmm. I'm not sure if it would work out or be even possible.

Any experience??
Thanks so much, just trying to get my head around things..

xx Saija

Chatterbox Childcare
29-06-2010, 12:58 PM
The demand in your area may be high for this so why not advertise and see.

My holiday only children usually come from the babies that have grown up and gone on to school

singlewiththree
29-06-2010, 01:04 PM
If you take on another child to replace this child in the holiday then you can't charge for the space from the term time child.

I work term time only and it works well I don't charge for the hols and have school staff.

flowerpots
29-06-2010, 04:33 PM
i have one mindee who comes term time only and one who come hols only, there is demand for flexible care out there you've just got to do lots of advertising hth :)

julie w
29-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I have a child who comes holiday time only because I dont pick up and drop off at his school so he goes to the school before and after club during term time. However if you have a child holidays only and you are still not up to your full numbers of children then you could in theory still charge a retainer fee eg half, because you would still have a space.