PDA

View Full Version : Various meals to cook at tea time?

lady boss
30-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi,

I was just wondering what everyone cooks at tea times?
At the best of times i struggle what to cook for my own family, always seem to do the same old things...Shephards pie/chili con carne/jacket potato/pasta/spag bol/califlower cheese/sausage & mash etc. It would be nice to hear what everyone else has and maybe get a few new ideas!
x

sarah707
30-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Lots of recipe ideas in 'recipes' at the top of the forum! :D

chubbymummy
30-03-2008, 08:58 PM
we usually have something like the following:
lasagne
chicken/beef/pork/lamb dinner
pizza (children add own toppings) garlic bread with jacket pots
fish pie
spag bol and veg
home made fish and chips (oven baked) with peas or beans
stew
shepherds pie

Pipsqueak
30-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Lots of above

and
Tuna Pasta bake
Potato Bake
Homemade soups
Sausage casserole
Curry

I am not adverse to opening the odd packet of fish fingers/chicken nuggets either!

carolinel
30-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Pasta 'n' sauce with garlic bread is a real hit with mine - and with me too as it's a very quick and easy tea!

miffy
31-03-2008, 06:08 AM
The children's favourite lately has been soup and sandwiches but there are lots of nice recipes in the cooking section

miffy xx

Tatia
31-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Tandoori chicken is really easy. I mix natural yogurt with a healthy sprinking of Tandoori spice, mix it up and then throw it over cut up chicken breasts. Let it marinate for a bit (I prefer all day) in the fridge and then just cook it under the grill til done. I'm very lazy and just serve it with vegetable pilau rice in a packet (Uncle Ben's, I think, takes 2 minutes in the microwave) and naan, puppodoms, bhajis and samosa. Oh and a bit of shredded lettuce, tomato and cucumber on the side.

Depending upon the brand of Tandoori spice, I will add red food colouring (some already have it, some don't) to achieve a nice, fun colour.

Twinkles
31-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Chicken goujons, lettuce, pepper,tomato all in a wrap with mayo or dip. Yummy :thumbsup:

LittleMissSparkles
31-03-2008, 08:49 AM
pasta dishes are so quick and easy you cant go wrong with them xxx

Pipsqueak
31-03-2008, 08:51 AM
pasta dishes are so quick and easy you cant go wrong with them xxx

Wanna bet:laughing: ;) :laughing:

LittleMissSparkles
31-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Wanna bet:laughing: ;) :laughing:

Vik I am the worlds worst cook according to my hubby and even I can manage pasta ....LOL xxx

lady boss
31-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi,

Some great suggestions guys. Thanks for the ideas.
I just tried making my own rice pudding in slow cooker thought that would be nice and easy......I just checked it and its burned!!:(

I'll have another go tommorrow maybe.x